Visiting an Inmate in the LA County Jail - Century Regional Detention Facility in California
When it comes time to visit someone in a detention facility you might feel a little bit nervous about it. That’s okay. We are here to help. Below you will find instructions and guidelines on how to go about visiting someone in the Century Regional Detention Facility.
If you’ve never visited the jail before, it’s understandable you might be somewhat nervous. There are rules and guidelines in place that are designed to help protect visitors, inmates, and the staff. Sometimes rules may seem a bit strict, but please keep in mind that these rules are designed with everyone’s best interest at heart.
Inmate Visitation Scheduling System
At Century Regional Detention Facility, visitation begins at the Inmate Visitation Scheduling System. This is an electronic portal where you will be going to schedule your visits with your inmate. You will need access to a computer and perhaps someone to help you if you do not understand basic computer functionality.
When you first come to the Inmate Visitation Scheduling System, you will need to register. After you have registered you will come back here each time to manage future visits. This system is actually pretty easy to maneuver. It helps you to skip long visitation lines because you can select the exact date, time, and location that works best for you. You also get an instant confirmation.
Once you click on the registration link, you’ll be led through a series of steps where you will enter beginning login information, personal information, personal identification, and finally you’ll go through the confirmation process. To begin, you must have an email address. Once you enter this email address, you will receive a confirmation email to which you must respond. Your initial password and visitation confirmations will be sent to this email address.
After you’ve completed your initial registration you’ll be able to go back to the front page of the Inmate Visitation Scheduling System and sign-on using your visitor ID or email and your password. If you happen to have forgotten your password, there is a link to help you recover it. After you enter in your information, you simply click logon and you’re on your way to scheduling your visit with your inmate.
If you happen to have technical difficulty with the logon page, there is a contact us tab you can use. The help desk is available Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM, but closed on weekends and holidays. If you need help from the helpdesk, you have to fill out several fields so they know how to help you. Certain information is required. You will need to fill in your full name, your email address, and the reason for contacting the facility. There are other fields for your visitor ID, your phone number, and a reference ID if you have one. After you have filled out the form, simply click send and the helpdesk will get back to you.
Questions & Answers Related to Visiting an Inmate at Century Regional Detention Facility
There is a nine page PDF document with specific questions and answers on all the ins and outs of visitation at Century Regional Detention Facility. This document is designed to answer every question that could possibly be inquired about regarding the Inmate Visitation Scheduling System. We’re going to try to cover some of the most commonly asked questions here.
- Adults and minors can visit, but all visitors must be registered in the scheduling system.
- Visits can be canceled
- You can easily electronically cancel if needed.
- If the facility cancels your visit you will be notified.
- reasons for cancellation may include:
- inmate has been moved or released
- visitation schedules are changed
- inmate has been restricted
- visitation stations unavailable
There are many more helpful answers that can walk you through the electronic visitation scheduling and set up. Click this link to easily get to the document.
Types of Visits
When visiting an inmate at Century regional detention facility, you can do this in many ways. You can visit by video or traditional face-to-face. There are also scheduled and unscheduled visits. So let’s get started figuring out how all this works.
Remote video visits are scheduled for the scheduling system just like any other visit. You can schedule to video visit from a visiting center that’s closer to where you live and the inmate can visit you via video from wherever they are housed. There are restrictions with this program because there are limited visiting centers.
Current visiting centers:
- Twin Towers I
- Twin Towers II
- Lakewood Station
- San Dimas station
- more coming soon
Scheduled visits are convenient because you can schedule 7 days at a time. This means you don’t have to wait in long lines anymore. However, if you need to do and unscheduled visit, you can just show up and hope that a visiting booth is available.
Specific Visitation Rules
- visitation requires registration
- all registration is electronic or in person
- all visitors must have a valid ID like a driver’s license, military ID, or other government issued ID
- all visitors must have a valid email account if they wish to use the electronic scheduling system
- minors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult unless prior approval is given by the facility unit commander for a child over the age of 12 but less than 18
- record checks will be performed as needed
- all visitors are subject to search and are subject to arrest for contraband of paraphernalia that is not allowed
- any disruptions occurring during visitation will cause cancellation of the visit
- no cell phones are allowed
- nothing except an ID and a car key or locker key will be allowed
- lockers are available for $.25 for you to place other items in
- appropriate dress is required
- no revealing or gang affiliated clothing
- one visit per day
- no more than two visits per visiting week
- only two people can visit at a time – that includes minors
- children less than 14 years old must have a school ID, passport, or California ID
Century Regional Detention Facility Visitation Hours
Public and/or Professional Visiting – Saturday and Sunday only
7:30 AM to 12:30 PM
2 PM to 5:30 PM
Professional Visits Only – Monday through Friday
9:15 AM to 1 PM
2 PM to 4 PM
RELATED: LA COUNTY JAIL - Century Regional Detention Facility Inmate Search
RELATED: LA COUNTY JAIL - Century Regional Detention Facility Inmate Services
writes about inmates, jails, prisons, courts and the lives of people who live and work within the United States Criminal Justice System. His mission can be summed up in a single word; transparency.
return to top