How to use the Inmate Search for Orange County Central Jail Men's Jail in California
First we'll cover the different ways to search for an inmate. Down the page you will see information for Posting Bond.
There are several way you can search for an inmate in Orange County Central Men's Jail. To start with you should click here:
This will take you to our main front page which is full of all kinds of information. Look up into the top left corner and you will see many inmate search links. Each of these allows you to search for your inmate in a different way. You can click on any of these links for further information in those areas, but we will cover the bolded items below.
- Orange County Jail Inmate - last name required
- Orange County Jail Inmate Search - last name required
- County Inmates – mobile – last name required
- VINELINK – Jail Inmate Search
- Orange County Recent Arrests – opens to select a date. All arrests in OC for that day are displayed
- Orange County Recent Releases – last name required last 30 days
- California Prisoner Locator
- Federal Prison Inmate Search
For those links that state last name is required, this is the minimum amount of information you can supply. You can add a first and/or middle name, age, and gender to lessen the length of your search list. The more information you can supply, the quicker you will locate your inmate.
When searching for a recent arrest, please remember that you must allow the booking process to be completed before the inmate's information will be available. Recent arrests for the last 30 days are searchable. You must select the date your inmate was arrested and then find your inmate's information in the list.
BAIL/BOND Information for Orange County Central Jail Men's Jail
This Bail/Bond information is for Orange County ONLY. There are two main ways to post bail for an inmate in Orange County Central Jail Men's Jail.
The rules for these are pretty similar, but since there are some differences we want to be sure to explain them separately.
First of all, CASH BAIL can be paid in the following ways:
- Debit or credit cards
- Checks – all checks for exact amount and you must have proper ID
- Cashier's – on a U.S. financial institution
- Money order
- No type of business checks are taken
You can also make payments through EZ Card and Kiosk Company with:
- Debit or credit cards
- Kiosk payments – cash, debit/credit cards
- Or by calling 1-888-497-2387 for a telephone payment method
Kiosks are available at the Intake Release Center (IRC) and the Theo Lacy Branch Jail. These are available 24 hours a day.
You can pay a bond at either the IRC or Theo Lacy. The Theo Lacy facility only accepts bonds during the open cashier hours. IRC accepts at 550 N. Flower St., Santa Ana 7 days a week 24 hours per day.
General Rules of Bail / Bond:
- No one in the Sheriff's department can or will recommend a bail company resource
- If you bring a bond, you will be fingerprinted and have your identify verified. Bonds agents are exempt.
- Call Inmate Records at (714) 647-4666 to:
- Verify correct amount of bail/bond
- Verify correct payment method for your inmate
Using the EZ Card system online:
- Click on the link Bail / Bond Info – extra under INMATE SERVICES
- Click Main Menu
- Select California for your state
- Select Orange County
- Select language preference (English, Spanish, Vietnamese)
- Select Bail
- Read the instruction and information page
- You must click on Agree to proceed
- Enter last name and booking number for inmate
These areas should help you to more easily locate your inmate and take care of paying bail.
RELATED: Orange County Central Men’s Jail Inmate Search
RELATED: Orange County Central Men’s Jail Inmate Services
writes about inmates, jails, prisons, courts and the lives of people who live and work within the United States Criminal Justice System. His mission can be summed up in a single word; transparency.
return to top