INMATE SEARCH INSTRUCTIONS
Call 631-852-2200 to find out about someone recently arrested and incarcerated in a Suffolk County Correctional Facility and their exact location.
Suffolk County does not have an online public inmate search as of this date (4-22-14).
However, to search for an inmate using Vinelink Offender Search, follow the instructions and the graphic below:
1. Click on the blue 'Offenders' icon on the top left of this page.
2. Fill in the Offender's full legal Last Name and First Name.
If you are unsure of the spelling of the last name, check the 'Partial last name search' box to the right of the last name.
3. Click on the 'Search' button on the bottom left of the page.
HOW THE SUFFOLK COUNTY JAIL SYSTEM WORKS:
Inmates typically enter the Suffolk County Correctional System in one of the following ways:
1. Persons who are arrested for crimes in the western part of Suffolk County are typically brought to the local police substations first.
2. They are then transferred to a holding area adjacent to the District Court in Islip where they are processed and then arraigned.
3. If committed to jail, the Suffolk County Sheriff’s Office then transports the post-arraigned defendant to the Medium/Maximum Security Correctional Facility in Riverhead, where they are admitted into the jail system.
4. Individuals arrested on the east end of Suffolk County are first taken to the local justice court and then transported after arraignment to Riverhead.
5. Probation/parole violators are typically brought directly to the Medium/Maximum Security Facility in Riverhead to await revocation proceedings.
6. If an offender who has violated their probation or parole is arrested on new charges they will enter the system just as any new arrestee would.