Jail Exchange, Every Jail, Every Prison, Every Facility in the Country
Android app on Google Play

Skip Navigation LinksState Prisons > Iowa > Mt. Pleasant Correctional Facility

Mt. Pleasant Correctional Facility Inmate Search





+ The BAD - Iowa



Facebook Jail and Prison Issues and Support

Mt. Pleasant Correctional Facility Inmate Search


Iowa Department of Corrections

Iowa Henry 975


1200 East Washington
Mt. Pleasant, IA, 52641


1200 East Washington
Mt. Pleasant, IA, 52641

Comment or Ask a Question.
No registration required.

Comments 26

  1. Eva Sun, Jan 09 2011 9:47 AM

    Not pleased with the lady CO in Mt. Pleasant facility When i come to visit my son there. I am tired of going to visit him and being harassed from her every time I come there.

  2. lisa minor Tue, Mar 08 2011 12:39 PM

    Report her to the higest person on staff. they can not harassed the family members!

  3. lisa Tue, Mar 08 2011 1:04 PM

    what does discharged mean when you are in prision?

  4. Casey Wed, Apr 20 2011 1:04 PM

    discharged is they get to go home.. and yes Eva report her I had to report her and now she won't say anything to me, because she majorly singled me out and harrassed me too.

  5. Gale Tue, Aug 16 2011 11:11 PM

    I understand there is something where we can pay $ up front & e-mail inmates ! 25 cents per page?!?! Is this true? If so, how does one sign up?

  6. ANGELA MCNITT Tue, Aug 23 2011 9:03 PM


  7. ashley Wed, Sep 07 2011 6:52 AM

    my father victor rice has been in there way too long this is bull

  8. Debbie Riley Fri, Oct 21 2011 2:58 PM

    how do you find out about your son that is in prison in mt pleasant correctional i have not heard anything for over 2 months i so worried about him i have call the prison and they wont tell me anything so can some one tell me what i can do to no if my son is OK or not

  9. Barbara McHenry Wed, Nov 30 2011 12:17 AM

    Call the prison and ask to speak to the Chaplain. You may need to leave a message so be sure to include the inmate's ID number. If the Chaplain is able to speak with the inmate, she will get the message to you. If the inmate chooses not to cooperate, the chaplain will not be able to help you. Send inmate mail and ask questions of him. Perhaps he will respond.

  10. Val Wed, Nov 30 2011 6:11 PM

    To text back and forth with your friend or family go to corrlinks and register, It cost 10.00 and the messages are only a quarter a piece, when you get low , you can recharge it , it is really eay and so nice to be able to text them every day, sometimes we text 2 or 3 times a day back and forth. it takes a little time between me sending and him getting it or vice a versa, suz they have to ck it like they do the letters.

  11. Fred Fri, Dec 16 2011 2:23 AM

    hello everyone, though i dont wish to disclos my name, I am a former inamte of mt. plesent, for all those mothers and fathers with sons in mt. plesant...i offer you my sympthay, i have been i ft. dodge and in ft. madison and mt. pleasant is by FAR the worst place to be in!

  12. bob Fri, Dec 23 2011 11:54 PM

    as with Fred above, my sympathy to any family who has a member of their family there , the ABUSE OF POWER,is appaulling, I too have been at a different prison where at least there is a mutual respect between staff and cons, and if they are in the Sex Offender Treatment Program they are really hurting, Don't get me wrong a sex crime is wrong in any society but they treat you beyond what they should, and they don't care. And every so=called Treatment counselor has their own way of doing their treatment and they hate each other so they take it out on the offender. They will tell you they don;t care what you came to prison for only about what you did! If you were accused of 50 different things but went to prison for only 1 you have to say you did all of them or they say you are in denial and remove you from the program and if you crime happened after 1 july 2005 they can stop your earned time.

  13. Lisa Tue, Feb 21 2012 10:34 PM

    canthe th inmates at mt pleasant recieve packages and so how do we send them?

  14. Rachelle Bixler Wed, Apr 04 2012 9:10 PM

    How Much does a TV Cost at Fort Dodge Prison in Fort Dodge Iowa? Thanks

  15. Martha Fri, Jul 20 2012 8:38 PM

    Is Mt Pleasant Air Conditioned?

  16. lonna Sat, Nov 24 2012 12:43 AM

    Discharged means you no longer have a number and you are totally free from parole or probation etc. Many in prison discharge their number if they feel they can't do paper when they get out, or you would call it parole office.

  17. lonna Sat, Nov 24 2012 12:44 AM

    I did not put in that they discharge their number inside not wanting parole.

  18. ln Sat, Nov 24 2012 12:46 AM

    Yes airconditioned in womens unit no package can be sent to either prison.

  19. darla Tue, Jun 04 2013 11:45 AM

    The mens is not air conditioned

  20. mom Fri, Jul 26 2013 11:00 AM

    Iam disabled and Mt,Pleasant mens side has no wheelchair access

  21. gina Fri, Aug 02 2013 8:25 PM

    mom - on the side (if facing to the right) of the building is an elevator entrance at the Mount Pleasant Men's Facility.

  22. waiting Mon, Aug 05 2013 2:50 PM

    My son's counselor did not proof read a report, then sent an incorrect progress report to the judge. His attorney did not read it before the reconsideration hearing. If she had, she could have contacted my son to let him know what was stated on the report. The error would have been discovered and the correct information sent to the judge prior to the hearing. As of today, there is still no confirmation in the clerk of court's office, nor the judge's office, that the correct report has been received from the counselor. The counselor states that he faxed it. My son's attorney does not communicate. Inmates are in prison for a reason, but when they serve their time, they should not be treated with less respect than anyone else. You must advocate for your loved ones, no one else does.

  23. Diana Tue, Nov 12 2013 5:22 PM

    I have a son in Mt. pleasant.. he was there before and was treated with respect.. however he is there now for nothing that is to do with drugs or offender.. he was in isolation for 20 days.. he had an accident in his bed and on his clothes.. they let him sit in the clothes for 3 days then let him shower and change but no bed change.. when he got out after finding out he did nothing to be in there for in the first place he had sores on his back and backside.. he is also diagnosed with spina bifida. closed.... no dr to do anything but asprin.. he is loostin control of legs and bladder... what we treat ppl in prisons with no respect.. I need to know what I can do and who I complain to..

  24. Diana Sat, Nov 30 2013 12:00 PM

    can a counselor or treatment corridnator. make an inmate stay longer in a facility if he is there for another reason and not as an offender.. they are telling my son he will stay in prison cause he won't take treatment again after doing it 5 times in and out of prison.. now they are telling him if he doesn't he will stay his full term

  25. Diana Sat, Nov 30 2013 12:01 PM

    also are inmates assigned an attorney while in prison

  26. JJ Tue, Apr 22 2014 8:11 PM

    I am the victim of someone who just got transferred there. Is he going to be released someday? I want him to rot and die in there. :(

Post a comment


Facebook Jail and Prison Issues and Support
© 2014 Johnny Ex, Inc. All rights reserved.