To locate an inmate within the Contra Costa County jail system, go to Vinelink2.0 and then follow these steps:
In the upper left side of the page, click on the blue offender tab.
- A pop-up window will appear. Click “Continue”. (You can search for your inmate without registering for victim notifications. Click “continue” to proceed).
- Near the top left of the next page you will see: “All Agencies”, “Department of Corrections”, “Choose Agency”.
Check the “Choose Agency” option.
- From the dropdown menu to the right of “Choose Agency”, highlight Contra Costa Sheriff’s Office and click once. This narrows the search to the Contra Costa County jail system.
- Enter either the inmate’s booking ID number or the inmate’s last and first name and click search.
If unsure of the exact spelling of the last name, check the “partial last name” box. Then input the first letter or first couple of letters of the last name.
The partial search option will pull up all inmates in the Contra Costa County jail system whose names begin with the few letters you typed in.
From this list, you can scroll down until you find your inmate.
NOTE- If you know the inmate’s birthdate, input this in the appropriate box using this format:
If you are not sure of the inmate’s birthday, skip this step, otherwise the results will be incorrect.
The inmate names will appear as blue links. Each listing includes a birthdate to help choose between inmates with the same names.
Click on the inmate’s name.
You will then be shown the inmate’s information including his or her “offender number” which is the number you put on money orders and envelopes. You can also double check to be sure which facility is holding the inmate.
Reminder If you get “No offenders matching your criteria were found”,“ clear the name fields and only type in the first letter or two of the first and last names and click submit. The system is designed to pull all inmates whose names begin with those letters.
It is possible that you or the facility are slightly misspelling the inmate’s legal name. This method will pull everyone whose name begins with the one or two letters you typed in. From that list you can locate the inmate.
Additional information available on the page about the inmate:
- Custody Status
- Scheduled date of release (If there is one at this time)
- Any aliases used by the inmate
With more than 9,000 jails and prisons across the country, trying to locate an inmate can feel like searching for a needle in a haystack. On this page, you will find the Contra Costa County inmate search, inmate lists, inmate roster, arrest reports and/or booking information for the Richmond City Jail in the city of Richmond, Contra Costa County in the state of California.
With a minimal amount of information about the inmate and some patience, on jailexchange.com you can: