To find an inmate in the Bexar County Jail system there are two options.
- For inmates booked within the past 24 hours, go to the Bexar County Central Magistrate Search page.
- For inmates booked or sentenced prior to the past 24 hours, go to Vinelink.
Go to the Bexar County Central Magistrate Search page.
- All inmates charged with a Class “B” crime or higher and booked within the past 24 hours will be listed alphabetically. Scroll down to find your inmate.
- You can also narrow the list by entering the inmate’s first and last name in the search box.
Click on the inmate’s last name to view the following:
- Inmate’s Full Name
- Inmate’s Birthdate
- Inmate’s Gender
- Inmate’s Race
- Date & Time of – arrest, intake, and magistrate hearing
- Disposition – (Released, Remanded, Bail Set)
- Release Date/Time
- Bond Amount
Go to Vinelink and click on the state of Texas.
Choose “Texas Statewide”.
Click on the blue “Offenders” tab on the left of the page.
Click on “Choose Agency”.
From the dropdown menu, highlight, “Bexar County Jail” and click on it once.
Enter the inmate’s last name and first name and click the submit button.
The inmate’s name will appear as a blue link. If there is more than one inmate with the same first and name, they will each be listed as a blue link along with a birthdate. Use the birthdate to find your particular inmate.
Click on the inmate’s name.
You will then be shown the inmate’s information including his or her “offender number” which is the number you put on money orders and envelopes. You can also double check to be sure which facility is holding the inmate.
- If you get “No offenders matching your criteria were found”, clear the name fields and only type in the first letter or two of the first and last names put a check in the “partial name” search.
- Click submit.
- The system is designed to pull all inmates whose names begin with those letters.
It is possible that you or the facility are slightly misspelling the inmate’s legal name. This method will pull everyone whose name begins with the one or two letters you typed in. From that list you can locate the inmate.
- Full Name
- Custody Status
With more than 9,000 jails and prisons across the country, trying to locate an inmate can feel like searching for a needle in a haystack. On this page, you will find the Bexar County inmate search, inmate lists, inmate roster, arrest reports and/or booking information for the Bexar County Jail Adult Detention Center in the city of San Antonio, Bexar County in the state of Texas.
With a minimal amount of information about the inmate and some patience, on jailexchange.com you can: