Inmate Phone & Voicemail for Broward County Jail - Stockade Facility
The Broward County Jail - Stockade Facility uses a private phone service contactor called 'GettingOut'.
They have an extensive website which explains all communication services.
Phone & Voicemail Fees
1. GettingOut charges $0.25 per minute for all phone calls, prepaid or collect, within Florida.
2. Prepaid calls between Florida and other states costs $0.21 per minute. International calls are $0.95 per minute.
3. There is a fee of $3.00 every time you add money to your account online, and it costs $5.95 if you add funds over the phone with a live agent.
4. You can also leave an inmate a short voice message for a flat fee of $1.25.
Note: Rates are subject to change.
Types of Phone Calls
Collect calls with 'GettingOut' allow you to instantly accept and pay for calls to your land line (only) phone account. This means that if you accept your call from your inmate, all the charges for that call will then be billed to your land line phone account and will show up and be listed on your next local phone bill. Additional fees, costs, restrictions may apply.
Prepaid calls (Direct Calls)
With Prepaid Calls you can set up your account so that the inmate can only call you and/or you can just deposit money in their account and they can purchase prepaid phone cards through their commissary and call whoever they choose, provided the Broward County Jail - Stockade Facility approves of the phone number.
Quick connect is an alternative to collect calls. It allows you to quickly pay for a phone call with your credit card. When your inmate calls you, follow the instructions from the automated voice system to pay for that one phone call, directly billed to your card.
If you have any questions, you can call them at 1-866-516-0115.
How does Broward County Jail - Stockade Facility's Phone System Work?
** REMINDER: You cannot call your inmate. They have to phone you.
Using GettingOut you have the option of either:
- pre-paying directly into your inmate's account, or
- pre-paying, where you control all phone costs.
Prepaid Option #1
If you deposit money online in the INMATE ACCOUNT, than they have the freedom to spend the money on phone calls to anyone, or any other communications services available at Broward County Jail - Stockade Facility.
Prepaid Option #2
With the FRIENDS & FAMILY ACCOUNT, you control all communication services such as phone calls, video visits and messaging. Your inmate can only call the phone number you want.
Collect calls allow you to accept and pay for calls to your land line phone account. This means that if you “accept” the collect call from your inmate, all the charges for that call will then be billed to your land line phone account and will show up and be listed on your next local phone bill. Expect additional fees from your carrier.
With Quick Connect, you leave a debit or credit card on file. Calls to you from your inmate will be billed immediately to your card. When the call comes, follow the instructions from the automated system to pay for that one phone call on the spot.
USE THE PHONE APP
Can I communicate by Email with an Inmate?
Securus Technologies eMessaging allows family and friends to communicate with an inmate using a messaging service that works like email.
Because Broward County Jail - Stockade Facility contracts with Securus for their phone service, they either already or may soon allow eMessaging for their inmates.
Check to see if eMessaging is available:
*WARNING* Everything you write or any attachments that you send will be seen by authorities in your inmate's facility, will be stored on their servers indefinitely and can be used against them in court proceedings.
We recommend you download the app in order to use eMessaging.
Things you can do with Securus eMessaging by buying 'Digital Stamps' from Securus:
- Send a text Message - 1 stamp
- Purchase a reply for your inmate - 1 stamp
- Attach up to 5 photos - 1 stamp each photo
- Share up to 5 eCards - 1 stamp each eCard
- Send just a photo with no text - 1 stamp
- Send a 30 second VideoGram - 3 stamps
Things your inmate can do using eMessaging:
- Reply to your eMessage if you attach a return stamp
- Receive transferred stamps you share with them (no cost to transfer)
- When available, they can purchase their own stamps from their Inmate Debit Account
How it works:
- You must have a Securus Account and be logged in
- Messages are sent and received from the Securus Website or the Securus Mobile App
- Find Broward County Jail - Stockade Facility here, check to see if they have eMessaging yet, and if they do, find your inmate, purchase a book of stamps and send an eMessage.
- You must first purchase a book of stamps. The cost of each stamp is subject to change. Once you select your inmate, the stamp price will be shown.
- All eMessages, Photos and Videos are first REVIEWED by Broward County Jail - Stockade Facility Staff.
- If your eMessage, Photo or Video is NOT approved, you will receive a message in your eMessaging inbox stating that the message was rejected and a reason.
- NO REFUNDS will be given for Stamps used, even if eMessage or other attachments are rejected.
Important Tips About Jail Phone Calls
Many jails and prisons are increasingly restricting the amount of time that an inmate can use the phone by placing daily and monthly limits, so try to pace yourself and not use up all your time at the beginning of the month.
Jails limit an inmate's phone time to certain hours of the day, so it is important you keep a regular schedule that works for both you and your inmate.
If your inmate does not call you during the time you both have scheduled, don't panic. There are often long lines for phone use. When a jail is on lockdown due to a fight or other security issue they do not allow the phones to be used.
Phones are the only way for an inmate to hear your voice and temporarily 'escape' the loneliness of incarceration, so use your time well. Arguing about anything will leave you both feeling empty and guilty, so avoid it at all costs.
All phone conversations are recorded. Whatever you talk about, can and will be used against your inmate in court. Never discuss their pending criminal case!
Also, be warned that some phone providers are collecting voice prints for a database which law enforcement agencies are building.
If you have any questions about Broward County Jail - Stockade Facility's phone system, contact GettingOut either online or by calling 866-516-0115