How to Rent a Tablet for an Inmate in Davidson County Youth Development
To rent a tablet for an inmate in Davidson County follow these instructions:
- Register here. It is recommended you use Chrome or Firefox.
- Pay for the subscription using Paypal.
- You get charged the 1st of each month.
- You get charged a full month even if it's only used for a partial month.
- No activation or early termination fees.
- Your Davidson County inmate will recieve their tablet in 3-5 business days, after you pay.
If you have any questions:
For all Davidson County information on Tablet Rentals for your inmate, check out our Tablet Rental Page.
How to Send a Text or Email Message to an Inmate in Davidson County Youth Development
To send a text or email message to a Davidson County inmate, do the following:
Davidson County Youth Development uses Securus eMessaging for Inmate Email.
Register here. (You are already registered if you signed up with Securus for 'Phone' or 'Remote Visitation' in Davidson County or any jail or prison in the country).
1. Sign up for eMessaging
2. Find your Davidson County inmate.
3. Purchase a book of Securus ‘stamps’.
4. Type & Send message.
For all Davidson County information for sending secure messages to an inmate in Davidson County Youth Development, including instructions, video examples, fees, limits, tablet rentals and more, check out out Text/Email an Inmate Page.
How an Inmate Makes a Phone Call to You or Others from Davidson County Youth Development
To set up a phone account so that your inmate can call you from Davidson County do the following:
1. Enroll in an account with Securus Technologies.
2. Choose one of three account types, Securus Debit, Advance Connect or Direct Bill.
3. Choose [facility_name_1}, then connect with your inmate.
4. If you have any questions, call Securus: 972-734-1111 or 800-844-6591.
To find out fees, how to's, calling times, limits on phone calls and other systems Securus has do that you can communicate with your Davidson County inmate, check out our Inmate Phone Page.
NOTE: All of your inmate's phone calls are recorded and stored. It is advised not to discuss their pending case.
How to Deposit Money in an Inmate's Trust Account in Order to Purchase Prepaid Calling Cards or Phone Calling Time
To Deposit Money in an inmate's account follow these steps:
- Create a ConnectNetwork account
- Select your inmate, and add to them to your account,
- Deposit money into his or her commissary account.
**NOTE** GTL is in a transition merging into a new company called ViaPath Technologies.
- Deposit options available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via phone 877-650-4249, and online.
- Mobile-friendly deposit options are available via their app.
- Deposits and payments made through automated channels (ConnectNetwork Website, Mobile App, Toll Free Phone, or Kiosk at the jail) are transmitted to the facility within one business day.
- Deposits that are mailed are processed the next business day after they are received by GTL.
- Inmate can choose how to spend the funds you deposit.
All the information you need to understand depositing money into an inmate's trust fund, specifically for phone calls in Davidson County, can be found on our Send Money Page.
How to use a Tablet to Access Services at Davidson County Youth Development
To find out how to get access to a tablet for inmate read the following:
1. First, Register or Sign In to GTL / Viapath Services.
2. In the top menu, click on 'Services', then on 'Inmate Devices & Content'.
3. All inmates have free access to the tablets to read their letters from family & friends, but there are many other services available to keep your inmate busy while incarcerated... such as Games, Books, Music and Movies. These other services come with fees that you can pay for when you pay for phone service.
To learn more about Tablet Rentals for inmates, including the cost, all the services available and everything else you need to know, check out our Tablet Rental Page.
How to Email an Inmate at the Davidson County Youth Development
Follow these instructions on how to arrange secure messaging (aka email and texting) of an inmate at the Davidson County Youth Development
- Sign in to GTL, or Register if you haven't already.
- Select Davidson County Youth Development.
- Select your Inmate.
- Using a credit or debit card, purchase credits to send messages, and, depending on the facility, purchase additional credits to receive responses from your inmate.
Compose a message, attach credits for a reply…and send!
You can also send photos and videos to your inmate, along with your message.
For all the information you need to know regarding using GTL to send messages, photos and videos, how much it costs, tips and guidelines and more, check out our Text/Email an Inmate Page.
How Do You Communicate with an Inmate in the Davidson County Youth Development by Phone
Follow these instructions on how to open an account with GTL Connect Network (aka Viapath Technologies)
- Advance Pay - This phone account allows you to prepay so that your inmate can call you (and only you) whenever he/she wants and the cost of each call is deducted from your balance. You can even be notified by text when your balance gets low. You still have the option of accepting or rejecting each call.
- Pin Debit - This option allows you to fund an inmate's commissary account and lets him pay for phone calls to you and others with the money. You will have no control over who your inmate calls.
- Voicemail - You can leave a secure voicemail without having to contact the facility. When you call the local phone number for a facility offering Inmate Voicemail (call Customer Service at 877-650-4249 to get the local voicemail number for Davidson County Youth Development, you will be informed of the cost for leaving a message. To leave your message, simply select the inmate by ID number. Then, record your voicemail.
For full instructions on the Davidson County Youth Development Inmate Phone Syste, what the costs are, how it works, and tips and guidelines on rules, regulations and saving money on calls, check out our Send Money Page.
Depositing Money for Communicating with an Inmate
How to Make a Deposit for Phone, Email or Visitation using GettingOut.com
Davidson County Youth Development uses GettingOut for some or all of its communication services with an inmate.
If you want to deposit money using this company for your use or your inmate's account, there are four ways to do it:
- Online - They accept all major credit cards including Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
- At the Davidson County Youth Development using the kiosk in the jail lobby - (cash, debit or credit card) NOTE - Davidson County Youth Development may require identity verification so bring your driver’s license or some other form of ID.
- By phone by calling 866-516-0115 - They have bi-lingual operators are standing by 24 hours 7 days a week to assist you with your deposit. Major credit cards accepted are Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
- By using their app, either Android or iphone. - All credit cards mentioned above are accepted.
For all the information you need to know, including tips, guidelines and warnings about depositing money in a Davidson County Youth Development inmate's account for communication services, check out our Send Money page.
How to Schedule and Visit an Inmate in Davidson County Youth Development
To schedule and set up a visit, either at-the-jail or remotely from your home, follow these instructions:
- Register and/or log in.
- Select Davidson County Youth Development, then your inmate.
- Review the days, available hours and the cost of remote and on-site visits in Davidson County.
- Schedule your visit.
To get more complete instructions, and understand visit lengths, times, locations, fees and all the other rules including children, dress codes and more, check out or Visit Inmate Page.
NOTE: All visits are recorded and whatever you say and do will be monitored. It is best to never discuss sensitive information regarding your inmate's pending case.