To locate an inmate within the Madison County Jail system in Huntsville, Alabama go to the Madison County Inmate Search page.
- Enter the inmate’s last name.
- Enter the inmate’s first name.
TIP: If unsure of the name spelling you can enter just letter or two or no information at all. The system will list all inmates alphabetically by last name that contain the letters you provided.
Enter a “Begin Booking Date”.
Enter an “End Booking Date”.
Use the “Search For” dropdown box to select:
- Current Inmates
- Released Inmates
- Current and Released Inmates
- Ascending (Listed from A-Z by last name)
- Descending (Listed from Z-A by last name)
Click on “Submit”
INMATE INFORMATION AVAILABLE
Once you locate the inmate you can see:
- Madison County Mugshot
- Inmate’s Full Name
- Custody Status
- Visitation Eligibility (Allowed/Not Allowed)
- Booking Number
- Booking Date
- Bond Amount
- Cell Assignment
BAILING AN INMATE OUT OF JAIL
You may want to bail the inmate out of jail so that she/he can continue working, spend time with family and meet with attorneys while waiting for court dates. To find out what the process will be, click here.
There are two methods of posting cash bail:
Pay in Person
- You can pay it at the Madison County Jail – 24-hours a day, seven days a week.
- When paying in person you must have a photo-identification.
- Click on the “Pay Bail Online” link and follow the prompts.
USING A BOND COMPANY
You can also use a bond company. (As long as the inmate is not required to post a cash bail amount).
- Contact a local bond company.
- Give them the details of the inmate’s arrest and total bail amount.
- If they agree to post the bond, you will typically pay them 10 percent of the total bail and possibly a small administrative fee.
- The company will guarantee your inmate’s appearance in court and if the inmate does not appear the bond company will pay the court the balance of the cash bail.
NOTE: Be aware if the bond company has to pay the court, you will be responsible for paying the bond company back for the entire amount.
NOTE: Once the case is complete, you will not get your 10 percent back. That money is how the bond company makes its profit.
You can call the following bond numbers to start the bonding process.
- Mike Pepperine (315) 723-7426
- Bob Waters (315) 446-1117
- Bill Cianciola (315) 622-2455
- Tom Backus (607) 844-8649
With more than 9,000 jails and prisons across the country, trying to locate an inmate can feel like searching for a needle in a haystack. On this page, you will find the Madison County inmate search, inmate lists, inmate roster, arrest reports and/or booking information for the Madison County Courthouse Facility in the city of Huntsville, Madison County in the state of Alabama.
With a minimal amount of information about the inmate and some patience, on jailexchange.com you can: