The method used to find someone within the Maricopa County Jail system depends on whether they were booked:
- Within the last three days
- Prior to three days ago
Once you know which time frame fits, choose the applicable search method below and follow the instructions.
BOOKED WITHIN THE LAST THREE DAYS
- Click here to pull up booking mugshots.
- Enter the inmate’s first and last name.
- Click on “Search”.
Find your inmate and click on the mugshot to view:
- Inmate Name
- Booking Number
- Booking Date
- Date of Birth
- Hair Color
- Eye Color
Note – You can also select the type of crime from the links above the name fields. Mugshots for all inmates booked for that crime within the last three days will be displayed.
BOOKED PRIOR TO THREE DAYS AGO
To find someone who was booked into the Maricopa County Jail system within the past three days OR prior to the past three days call 602-876-0322 to use the automated phone search.
- You must have the inmate’s first and last name and the spelling of those names.
- You must know the inmate’s birthdate.
Note: If you do not know the inmate’s birthdate, you will be transferred to a live call for assistance. The hold time can be 15-30 minutes or more.
SEARCH USING ONLINE CRIMINAL COURT CASE SEARCH
You can bypass the automated phone system to find out what the inmate was charged with and what happened in court by checking the Maricopa County Court Case page.
Click on Criminal Court Cases.
Click on “Case History”.
This page offers three ways to search for the case:
- Search by Name
- Search by Initial and Birthdate
- Search by Case Number
SEARCH BY NAME
- Enter the inmate/defendant’s last name.
- Enter the inmate/defendant’s first name.
NOTE – Partial names are not accepted.
SEARCH BY INITIAL AND BIRTHDATE
- Enter the first letter of the last name.
- Enter the first letter of the first name.
- Enter the inmate/defendant’s birthdate.
NOTE – Must be in this format: mm/dd/yyyy (Example - 06/09/1986)
SEARCH BY CASE NUMBER
Enter the case number.
NOTE – Must be exact or the search results will be incorrect.
Once you click the “Search” button on any of these options, cases that match the information you entered will be listed.
NOTE – If searching by name, or initial/birthdate, it is possible that more than one case will be listed. Use the birthdate and full name to locate your inmate’s case.
The following information will be displayed
- Defendant’s Name
- Case Type (Criminal)
- Attorneys for Defendant and State
- Date of Offense
- Disposition Code (Guilty by Court, Guilty by Jury, Dismissed, Not Guilty, etc.)
- Date of Disposition
- Case Documents (Each document submitted is listed with the date listed)
With more than 9,000 jails and prisons across the country, trying to locate an inmate can feel like searching for a needle in a haystack. On this page, you will find the Maricopa County inmate search, inmate lists, inmate roster, arrest reports and/or booking information for the Mesa City Jail in the city of Mesa, Maricopa County in the state of Arizona.
With a minimal amount of information about the inmate and some patience, on jailexchange.com you can: