How to use the Inmate Search for Orange County Jail - Theo Lacy Facility in California
[Article_Ad_2]If you have come here in search of an inmate, we would like to help make that as easy as possible for you. It can be a very anxious time when someone you care about has been arrested and incarcerated.
On our front page you can find much information about the Theo Lacy Facility. We try to make it easier to figure things out and try to help you along with those difficult areas.
Sometimes when you are trying to search for an inmate it can make you nervous because you don't know where to go. Easy enough. Let's get started and we'll help you through it.
Read through all the directions to make sure you know where to go and what to do. Also be sure you know how to come back here to get to the Posting Bail or Bond information we are going to cover in just a bit.
Performing an Inmate Search
This process is really not too difficult but can at first appear overwhelming. Let's see if we can make sure you don't get frustrated with it. First, look to the top left of this page https://www.jailexchange.com/CountyJails/California/Orange/Orange_County_Theo_Lacy_Facility_Inmate_Search.aspx where you see a column header called INMATE SEARCH.
There are several links in this column. Some of them are for Orange County inmate searches and some are for victim's assistance, California and Federal prisoners.
You can search for inmate's that have been released or are actively in the system for up to the last 30 days. Anything back past 30 days ago, you would have to contact the jail and see if they can tell you where to go from there.
If you are searching for an active patient click one of these links:
- Orange County Jail Inmate List
- Orange County Jail Inmate Search
- County Inmates – mobile
When you first click on these links you can add the first, middle, and last name, gender and age or you can add as much of the information as you know. You have to at least add a last name to start your search.
The more information you put in though, the less you will have to look through. So, the more you know the easier your search will be.
If you are looking for someone who has been released already, click on this link:
- Orange County Recent Releases
You will have the same options as the search, but you must at least start with a last name.
If you are searching for an offender's information through VINELINK, you can click that link and call the numbers listed to get further assistance.
Of course you should click on the California or Federal links if you are looking for a prisoner. Just follow the instructions when you go here because these work completely differently and you have to have some inmate information, especially on the Federal search.
Next we'll cover posting bail. This can be done by cash or bond depending on the inmate and what the judge says has to be done. There are different rules for how you can do both of these. Below we've tried to summarize how to do this in an easy to understand format. If you have any questions that aren't here, please call the jail for further assist.
CASH BAIL for an Inmate in the Orange County Jail – Theo Lacy Facility
Cash bail can be paid by:
- Credit or debit card
- Cashier's check
- Traveler's check
- Personal check
- Money order
Following several methods.
- EZ Card and Kiosk Company
- About midway down our page on the left you can click on Bail / Bond info - extra. This takes you to EZ Card where you can pay online by credit card or debit card.\
- Click on Main menu, California, Orange County
- Click on your language and then Bail
- You have to click Agree after you read the instruction/information page
- Enter your inmate's last name and booking number
- Complete your payment of bail
- EZ Card and Kiosk Company – via Kiosk
- Located at the Intake Release Center (IRC)
- Located at the Theo Lacy Facility
- Open 24 hours a day
- Take cash, credit cards, and debit cards
- EZ Card and Kiosk Company - via telephone
Bail Bond for an Inmate in the Orange County Jail – Theo Lacy Facility
Bail Bond can be paid by:
The EZ Card steps for payment of Bail Bond is the same as those listed above. Just follow the steps and you get this accomplished.
You can also pay in person at the cashier's office of Theo Lacy during the business hours or at the IRC 24 hours a day.
- In person payments
- Must have ID and identity verified. Will be fingerprinted.
- Sheriff's personnel will not recommend bail bond agents
- Cashier's checks have to be verified by an American bank
- Personal checks must be pre-printed (not starter checks) and match the ID of whomever is paying
- Traveler's checks have to be signed in front of the Cashier
- Checks are always for the correct amount only
There seems to something wrong with the linking on the Theo Lacy Facility Orange County Recent Release link. This link usually goes to here but this one goes to the daily arrest search. I wrote the article as if it went to the search the same as all the other facilities do. I think this one just needs the link fixed. Just wanted to let you know.
RELATED: Orange County Jail - Theo Lacy Facility Inmate Search
RELATED: Orange County Jail - Theo Lacy Facility Inmate Services
writes about inmates, jails, prisons, courts and the lives of people who live and work within the United States Criminal Justice System. His mission can be summed up in a single word; transparency.
return to top