How to use the Inmate Search for Cook County Jail Facility in Illinois
[Article_Ad_2]The Cook County Jail Facility in Illinois (aka the Cook County Department of Corrections or CCDOC), at ninety- six acres, is one of our nation's largest single- site, county, pre- detention holding facilities. The jail's main focus is to hold pre- trial inmates. This jail facility houses around 100,000 inmates per year and holds around 9,000 inmates per day. This number gives you an idea on how many inmates you may be searching through when searching for a specific inmate.
When searching for a particular inmate in the Cook County Jail Facility, there isn't really an extensive process, as in some jails that include entering last names, DOBs, PINs, etc. The search process is actually quite simple.
Here are the steps to searching for and finding someone in the Cook County Jail Facility:
- Go to http://www.cookcountysheriff.org/doc/doc_main.html. This is the Cook County Sheriff's Office webpage.
- Look to the left and you will see a series of links. Click the link that is second to the bottom that says "Search for an Inmate."
- You will then be navigated to a page titled "Inmate Locator."
- Scroll down this page until you see the subtitle that says "Search by Name."
- Here you will be able to search for inmates by entering their last and, optionally, first name.
- If you read down a few more lines, you'll also be able to search for inmates by their booking number.
- Once you have entered either the inmate's name or booking number, you will be given results that match your search.
- These results will tell you the inmate's first and last name, jail ID number, date of birth, race, gender, and "view details."
- "View details" is a link that you can click to find out even more information about the inmate, including, but not limited to inmate booking number, housing location, court dates, bail amount, etc.
If you're not having much luck finding the person you are looking for, it is possible that that person was just recently incarcerated or recently released, and the inmate list hasn't been updated since then. If this is the case, call the Cook County Jail Facility at (312) 603-6444 or stop by at 50 W. Washington in Chicago to obtain the information you're searching for.
The search method in the Cook County Jail Facility is quite simple compared to other jail facilities that make the process much more complicated. However, the list of inmates will always be changing, so keep that in mind when searching for a specific inmate.
RELATED: Cook County Jail Inmate Search
RELATED: Cook County Jail Inmate Services
writes about inmates, jails, prisons, courts and the lives of people who live and work within the United States Criminal Justice System. His mission can be summed up in a single word; transparency.
return to top