To locate an inmate within the Kane County Jail system, go to the Kane County Sheriff’s Detainee Search page.
There are three ways to search for an inmate:
- Search by Alphabet.
- Search by Name And/Or Date.
- Search For All People Who Have Been Booked, Including Those Who Were Released.
How to Use:
SEARCH BY ALPHABET
Click on the first letter of the inmate’s last name.
All inmates with a last name beginning with the letter you chose will be listed in alphabetical order.
SEARCH BY NAME AND/OR DATE.
Enter the inmate’s last and first name in the boxes.
You can narrow your search by also entering a booking date range.
TIP: If unsure of the name spelling, enter a partial name and click on search.
NOTE – You can also click on “Search” without entering any name information. All inmates will be listed alphabetically.
SEARCH FOR ALL PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN BOOKED, INCLUDING THOSE WHO WERE RELEASED.
Choose from the following:
Released within the Last 24 hours
Received within the Last 24 hours
All people fitting your chosen criteria will be listed alphabetically.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE KANE COUNTY JAIL INMATE
Click on the inmate’s name to view:
- Booking #
- Booking Date
- Inmate #
- Jail Date / Time
- Arresting Agency
- Days in Custody
- Detainee Location
- Total Bail for All Charges
- Release Information if Applicable
KANE COUNTY CRIMINAL COURT CASE SEARCH
If you would like additional information about this inmate’s court case, go here and click “Continue”.
Enter information about one of the following in the appropriate box:
- Case Number
- Name (Last or First or Partial)
- Police Report Number
You can narrow your search by selecting a year from the dropdown menu.
- Choose a case type from the next dropdown menu.
- Click on “Search”.
- Locate your inmate’s name and click on it.
The next page provides the following tabs:
- Summary (A general overview of the case)
- Case Participants (All parties involved in the case including attorneys)
- Case History (An overview of the case history)
- Court Dates (Detailed explanation about each court date and what occurred)
- Dispositions (What was decided in court)
Click on the tab or tabs of your choice to view the information.
With more than 9,000 jails and prisons across the country, trying to locate an inmate can feel like searching for a needle in a haystack. On this page, you will find the Kane County inmate search, inmate lists, inmate roster, arrest reports and/or booking information for the Kane County Juvenile Justice Center in the city of St. Charles, Kane County in the state of Illinois.
With a minimal amount of information about the inmate and some patience, on jailexchange.com you can: