One of the fastest ways to find out if a person is in jail is to check online. The Johnson County Jail system provides an Inmate Search page for this purpose.
When the page opens:
Click on “Show Currently in Custody”. (This will list all inmates that are in jail right now)
Enter the person’s last name.
Enter the person’s first name.
Click on “Search”.
TIP – You can also enter the first two or more letters of the last name and click on “Search”. All inmates whose names begin with the letters you entered will be listed. This gives you a longer list to look through, but is a good tool if you are unsure of the name spelling.
NOTE – If the inmate does not appear, it is possible he/she has been released.
Click on “Show Previous Booking History (3 years)” and click “Search”. A list of all people booked in the last three years will appear. You can scroll down the list to check for your inmate.
Select your inmate from the list and click on the last name to view:
- Mugshot (Can help verify that you are reading about the correct inmate).
- Inmate’s Name
- Criminal File Number
- Detention Center Location and Address (Where the inmate is housed).
- Visitation Times - (When you can visit the inmate)
- Booking Date - (When was the inmate booked into jail)
- Charge Information - (Which criminal charges against the inmate)
- Bond Information - (If there is a bond and how much it is)
- Court Dates - (When is the inmate scheduled to go to court?)
- Court Location
- Date and Time of Hearing
- Disposition of Hearings – (Sentenced, pre-trial hearing, trial, etc.)
If you are interested in also learning more about the court case, go to the Johnson County Public Records page.
Click on “Criminal/Juvenile/Traffic”.
Enter the exact case number or exact name of defendant
Enter a partial name
Now choose between the:
“Case Number/Exact Name Search” – This will list the requested case
“Partial Name Search” – This will list cases where the defendant’s name starts with the letters you entered.
Click on the blue-link case number to the side of the page to view:
- Defendant’s Name
- Case Number
- Race/Sex/Date of Birth
- Name of Attorneys
- Name of Judge
- Name of Probation Officer (If Applicable)
- Status of Case
- Criminal Charge
- Sentencing Date
- Disposition (Jail time, probation, length of sentence, etc.)
For additional information about the case call the District Court - (913) 715-5000.
With more than 9,000 jails and prisons across the country, trying to locate an inmate can feel like searching for a needle in a haystack. On this page, you will find the Johnson County inmate search, inmate lists, inmate roster, arrest reports and/or booking information for the Johnson County Jail - Olathe Detention Center in the city of Olathe, Johnson County in the state of Kansas.
With a minimal amount of information about the inmate and some patience, on jailexchange.com you can: