Jail Exchange, Every Jail, Every Prison, Every Facility in the Country

Skip Navigation LinksCounty Jails > Maine > Kennebec > Long Creek Youth Dev. Ctr

Long Creek Youth Development Center Inmate Search

How to Search for an Inmate in Kennebec County Maine

To find out if someone is in the Kennebec County Jail system in Augusta, Maine call:

Booking: 207-623-2270 x1230

Be prepared to provide:

  • Inmate’s First Name
  • Inmate’s Last Name
  • Birthdate (If it is a common name)


  • The officer can tell you:
  • Booking Date
  • Arrest Date
  • Booking Number
  • Criminal Charges
  • Bond Amount
  • Next Court Date


If you want to know more about this inmate’s criminal court case, call: Phone: (207) 213-2800 between 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.

To attend a court hearing go to:

Kennebec County District Court

1 Court Street, Suite 101

Augusta, ME 04330


If you are interested in seeing mugshots from recent arrests in Maine go to WMTW NEWS CHANNEL 8.

Click on the link to view an updated collection of mugshots from people arrested in Maine.

Under each mugshot you can view:

  • Inmate’s Name
  • Criminal Charges
  • County of Arrest

With more than 9,000 jails and prisons across the country, trying to locate an inmate can feel like searching for a needle in a haystack. On this page, you will find the Kennebec County inmate search, inmate lists, inmate roster, arrest reports and/or booking information for the Long Creek Youth Development Center in the city of South Portland, Kennebec County in the state of Maine.

With a minimal amount of information about the inmate and some patience, on jailexchange.com you can:


Recent Arrests and/or Pre-trial Inmates in Long Creek Youth Development Center

If you are certain your inmate is in Long Creek Youth Development Center, or at the very least in Kennebec County, go to this page to search for them.

If the Long Creek Youth Development Center inmate search website is not currently online or up to date, call 207-822-2600 for assistance in locating your inmate.

The Long Creek Youth Development Center is "open" 24-hours-a-day. When you call, give the staff member the name of who you are looking for and a birthdate or age if you have it. That person will let you know if your inmate is there.

At minimum you will need a first and last name. If you can provide the middle name or initial that is even better. In a perfect world you will also have the inmate's birthdate, but if not, an estimated age will help.

If you are not sure what county jail the inmate is located in, it helps to at least know the geographic area. Knowing what state the inmate is in is good; knowing which county is even better.

In some cases, there will be more than one possibility. Use patience and check them all. Go here to get started on a search for any jail in the state of Maine or go to this page to begin a search for all jails in the United States.

If your inmate has been charged but not yet convicted of a misdemeanor or a felony, he or she will most likely be held in Kennebec County within the county where the crime occurred. If you only have the city name, look up the city's police department, call and ask them if they keep inmates at a local jail or send them to the county jail. If they are sent to the Kennebec County Jail, either look them up here or call 207-822-2600 for assistance.

Recently convicted felons are sometimes held at Kennebec County Jail until transport to a Maine State Prison is available. Inmates sentenced to less than one year incarceration or those convicted to serve time for misdemeanors will do their time in the Kennebec County Jail system.

Jailexchange.com has a complete page of all available information to assist families and friends of inmates in Long Creek Youth Development Center and every other jail, prison and juvenile detention center in America.

How to find an Inmate already convicted of a felony and sentenced in the state of Maine

State Inmate

Most states have Department of Corrections websites that allow you to type in a felon's first and last name and pull up inmates in that state. Go to this page for inmates in Maine. If you need to find an inmate in another state prison system, go here.

When you click next to the inmate's name or on a link, it will show you which jail or prison the inmate is housed in. If the inmate is no longer incarcerated, but is on parole/probation or discharged, it will tell you that as well. In addition, many state prison inmate pages show recent mug shots.

Federal Inmate

The federal prison system has its own inmate locator called the Bureau of Prisons Inmate Locator.

Type in the inmate's name and it will tell you where he or she is incarcerated and their projected release date. It also lists released federal prison inmates and the date they were released.

Federal inmates who are moved from one prison to another will show as "No longer in federal custody" on the system until they reach their next federal prison destination. This movement can take a few days to several months to complete, so keep checking back to find out where the inmate was taken.

ICE Inmates

The ICE Detainee Lookup allows friends, family members and interested parties to locate illegal and/or undocumented immigrants that are in the United States without permission.

They are held in detention centers approved by Immigration Custody and Enforcement until their hearing or date they are deported back to their home country.

To look up the detainee, users need the full legal name the person used upon their arrest and the country the person claimed they originated from. It helps to also have the "A-number", which is the number that ICE assigned to them upon their detention, which you can use instead of attempting to type the detainee's name.