To find a person who is in the Butler County Jail system in Hamilton, Ohio, go to the “Persons Currently In Custody” page.
There are two search options:
- Search by Alphabet
- Search by Inmate Name
SEARCH BY ALPHABET
Click on the first letter of the inmate’s last name.
(The letters appear along the top of the search area).
Enter the security code text in the box.
All inmates whose last name begins with the letter you clicked will be listed.
There will also be a “Search by Name” option above those listed names.
SEARCH BY INMATE NAME
Enter the inmate’s last name.
Enter the inmate’s first name.
Click on “Search”.
TIP: You can also search using only the first letter of the inmate’s last name, or the first letter of the last name and the first or more letters of the first name. All inmates with names that start with those letters will be listed.
Once you conduct your search and locate the inmate, click on the inmate’s name to view:
- Inmate’s Butler County Mugshot
- Complete Name
- Date of Birth
- Eye Color
- Hair Color
- Custody Status
- Booking Date
- Booking Number
- Arrest Date
- Arresting Agency
- Location being Held
- Bail Information and Amount
- Hold Information
BUTLER COUNTY CRIMINAL COURT CASE INFORMATION SEARCH
To find out more about the criminal court case click on the Butler County Court Search page.
- Click the “Agree” button. If you do not click “Agree” your search will be denied.
Choose a search option from those listed along the top of the page with silver tabs. They include:
- Name (Typically the easiest if you have the inmate’s name)
- Case Number (The most exact search as long as you have the exact case number)
- Case Type (Use the drop down menu to choose “Criminal” and all “Criminal” cases will be listed.
- Attorney (You must have the attorney’s exact name to use this search and all of the attorneys cases will appear)
Enter as much information as you have.
- The required information will be marked with an *.
- Use the right side drop down box to highlight “Criminal” case type.
- If searching by name, you can enter a partial first and last name and click “Search”.
- Choose a “Case Status”. The most common choices are “Open” or “Closed” or “Appeal”.
- For the “Party Types” leave it as “All Parties”. (Otherwise you might narrow the search to a point your results are incorrect).
- Click on “Search”.
The cases matching your criteria will be listed.
- Click on the case number. (The far left side of the page).
A new page will open and display:
- Defendant’s Name
- Disposition Date
- Defendant’s Address
- Original Charges
- Indicted Charges (If Applicable)
- Amended Charge (If Applicable)
- Offense Date
- Docket History
With more than 9,000 jails and prisons across the country, trying to locate an inmate can feel like searching for a needle in a haystack. On this page, you will find the Butler County inmate search, inmate lists, inmate roster, arrest reports and/or booking information for the Butler County Juvenile Detention Center in the city of Hamilton, Butler County in the state of Ohio.
With a minimal amount of information about the inmate and some patience, on jailexchange.com you can: