To locate an inmate within the King County Jail system, go to the King County Department of Adult & Juvenile Detention site.
Click on the Jail Lookup Service link on the left side of the page.
Then choose from:
View Jail Register – this provides information on inmates currently in custody as well as those who were booked or released within the past 24 hours.
Search Jail Booking Service – this provides information about any person who was in custody in the King County Jail system within the past 365 days.
Using the “View Jail Register” search link you will then choose one of the following:
- Everyone in custody, alphabetically by last name.
- Those booked within the last 24 hours.
- Those released within the last 24 hours.
Clicking on “Everyone in Custody” brings up a list alphabetized by last name of all currently incarcerated inmates and those booked or released within the past 24 hours. The top of the page also offers letter links that allow you to narrow your search to only those with last names starting with that letter.
Clicking on “Those booked with the last 24 hours” or “Those released within the last 24 hours” brings up alphabetized lists of only those people.
Clicking on the name of the inmate provides the following information:
- Full Name
- Housing Facility
- Bail Amount
Under the “Booking Events” section, click on the + sign to open the information about each arrest and booking of that inmate.
The + sign will open and offer the following information:
- Inmate visitation schedule and any restrictions
- Court location
- Release date/if released-the reason for release
- Bail allowed or denied
Using “Search Jail Booking System”
Enter as much information as you have about the inmate such as name, birthdate, gender, race, etc.
You must enter at least two letters of the last name to search the site.
The system will list all inmates matching the information you presented.
*NOTE* - If entering birthdates, booking numbers (Must start with zeros and contain nine numbers), etc. they must be correct or the search will be inaccurate.
- This system allows you to search partial last names using the “Wild Card” feature.
- Last Name is required for a Wild Card Search. It must contain between 2 and 29 letters followed by an asterisk (optional). No special characters or numbers are allowed. If no asterisk is entered only individuals with an exact last name match will be returned.
- Example: "wil*" will return individuals with last names starting with "wil" such as "Williams", "Wilks" and "Wiley".
- Example: "Williams" will return individuals with last name "Williams".
- When using a date of birth, it must be in the following format: mm/dd/yyyy Example 04/09/1957
With more than 9,000 jails and prisons across the country, trying to locate an inmate can feel like searching for a needle in a haystack. On this page, you will find the King County inmate search, inmate lists, inmate roster, arrest reports and/or booking information for the King County Juvenile Detention Center in the city of Seattle, King County in the state of Washington.
With a minimal amount of information about the inmate and some patience, on jailexchange.com you can: