Clothing standards are strict and specific. They must be adhered to. This list will help...
Locate the state, then the city or county where you think they are being held.
Locate the state where you think they are being held.
You must first go to any Federal Bureau of Prisons facility.
Clothing standards for inmate visitation include:
1. Dresses, skirts, and shorts
• Must be no higher than two inches above the knees.
• Cannot have a slit more than two inches above the knee.
• Cannot be a wrap-around.
• Must not over expose the chest, back, thighs or midsection.
2. Shirts, blouses, and tops: May not be a tank top, halter top, tube top or a top with spaghetti straps.
3. You can’t wear a coat or sweater to cover a garment that does not conform to the dress code. No sagging: Pants must cover the butt and underwear.
4. Clothing may not over expose the chest, butt, thighs or midsection.
5. Clothing may not be made of sheer, see through, net or mesh fabrics.
6. Closed toed shoes must be worn into contact visits.
7. Appropriate underwear and bras must be worn however cannot be visible.
8. Shoes must be worn by all visitors at all times, kids included.
9. Hats are not allowed except for religious head coverings.
10. Clothing must be clean and in good repair.
11. Clothing must be worn as it is designed to be worn.
12. No clothing items are allowed which had advertisements for tobacco, alcohol, and / or drugs.
13. Hairstyle, clothing, jewelry, or other insignias with language, symbols or markings that indicate affiliation with a criminal gang, contain derogatory comments or slurs directed at persons or which may cause a disruption or pose a safety risk are not allowed into the visiting areas.
To find out how to visit someone you know, begin your search for an inmate or arrestee here:
To find your jail or prison visitation policies, begin by finding the facility or prison system here: