The Escambia County Jail
in Pensacola, Escambia County, Florida, like all jails is a maximum security facility. Because the inmates in this jail range from low level offenders to those being held for violent crimes like robbery, rape and murder, the security level is as high as is it is in any maximum security state prison. Some of the security features in this facility include security cameras, electronic detection and reinforced fencing topped with razor wire. Correctional officers in Escambia County Jail
are armed with mace and trained to use physical force to protect themselves and other inmates from violence.
The men, women and juveniles being held in the Escambia County Jail
are either awaiting trial or have been sentenced in the Escambia County Court System already and been sentenced to a period of time of one year or less. When an inmate is sentenced to a year or more, they are admitted into the Florida Prison
or Federal Prison System
Inmates in the Escambia County Jail
are fed three meals a day totaling 2,500 calories, are allowed access to phones to contact friends and family members, are allowed at least one hour a day for exercise, have access to books, bathroom and shower facilities. The inmates are allowed mail to be delivered to them as well as newspapers and magazine from trusted outside publishers.
In addition, Escambia County houses the following juvenile facility: Escambia Regional Juvenile Detention Center
On this page you will find direct links to specific information that friends and family members of inmates will find useful: Escambia County Inmate Search, Inmate Phone use, Visitation Rules and Schedules, Commissary Deposits and Information about the Escambia County Jail
Inmate Mail Guidelines. In addition, you will find information on how to contact the facility, directions to the jail, Escambia County recent arrests, Most Wanted, outstanding Arrest Warrants and much more.
Escambia County Jail Inmate Search
Escambia County Corrections
1700 W Leonard St
Pensacola, FL 32501
Inmate's Full Name, Booking Number
Escambia County Jail
2251 N. Palafox Street
Pensacola, FL 32501
INMATE VISITATION INFORMATION
1. The schedule varies for each inmate. Make sure you understand the schedule for your inmate.
2. Visitors must arrive 30-45 minutes prior to visit, depending on the inmate's unit, in order to register for that day's visit.
3. The inmate must submit a visitor list prior to any visit. No more than five names can be on each inmate's list.
4. Visitors can not call the jail to confirm if they are on the inmate's visitor list. They must confirm with their inmate.
5. Make sure you read and understand the Visitor's Instructions. It is your responsibility, not the jail's. Call the jail at 904-436-9650 if you have any questions.