While Genesee County does not have a method to locate an inmate online, the jail does provide an automated phone system where you can find out if someone you know is in jail.
To use the automated system, follow these steps:
- Dial - 810-257-3426 (Jail Booking Phone Number).
- Press 2 – to inquire about a specific inmate.
Next, choose to search by:
- Inmate’s Name (Press 1)
- Inmate’s Birthdate (Press 2)
Search by Name
- Slowly speak the inmate’s first and last name into the phone. (Do not speak any other words or your search results will be inaccurate).
- Names and ages that match your entry will be offered.
- Choose from the names the automated system provides.
Search by Inmate’s Birthdate
- Slowly speak the inmate’s birthdate into the phone. Don’t say any other words or the search will be unsuccessful).
- Names of inmates with that birthday will be offered.
- Choose from the inmates the automated system provides.
Available Inmate Information
Once you have chosen the inmate, press the following buttons to get the specified information:
- Press ‘1’ to get the Genesee County inmate’s booking number.
- Press ‘2’ to get the Genesee County inmate’s next court date.
- Press ‘3’ to get the Genesee County inmate’s bond information.
GENESEE COUNTY CRIMINAL COURT CASE SEARCH
If you don't want to try to locate your inmate online or are unable to get answers by phone (see instructions above), you can use the Criminal Court Case Search to look up an inmate's court date, attorney's name and other pertinent information that will give you a better idea of the seriousness of your inmate's situation.
- Go to the Genesee County 67th District Court Schedule Inquiry.
- Enter the first and last name of the inmate/defendant.
- Enter any additional information that you have, such as attorney name.
- Select a start and end search date to narrow your search.
- Click on “Display Court Schedule”.
Select the case and click on “Case Number” to the far right of the page to view:
- Defendant’s Name
- Court Date and Time
- Defendant Attorney’s Name
- Case Number
- Case Type
- Probation Officer Name (If Applicable)
- Proceedings: Reason for Hearing
With more than 9,000 jails and prisons across the country, trying to locate an inmate can feel like searching for a needle in a haystack. On this page, you will find the Genesee County inmate search, inmate lists, inmate roster, arrest reports and/or booking information for the Genesee County Jail in the city of Flint, Genesee County in the state of Michigan.
With a minimal amount of information about the inmate and some patience, on jailexchange.com you can: