880 Oklahoma Ave.
San Luis Obispo, CA 93405
Using GTL Connect Network to Deposit Money in an Inmate's Trust Account for Commissary
San Luis Obispo County Honor Farm uses GTL Connect Network, also known as Viapath Technologies, to facilitate family members and friends to make deposits directly into their Trust Fund Commissary Account that can be used for communication services.
The inmate can then use the money to purchase products from commissary or services such as secure messages and phone calls.
Deposits can be made 24/7 online or by telephone by calling 888-988-4768, or by using the San Luis Obispo County Honor Farm kiosk.
San Luis Obispo County Honor Farm Inmate Commissary Money Instructions
There are five choices for putting money on an inmate's books that can be used for communication services:
1. Commissary money in the form of a money order may be mailed to:
AdvancePay Service Department
P.O. Box 911722
Denver, CO 80291-1722
2. You may use cash or credit/debit cards at any time by using the kiosk located in the front lobby. The fee for the use of the ATM is generally $1.50 per transaction for cash and 10% fee for credit/debit cards.
4. Cash deposits to ConnectNetwork are now available at 26,000 retail locations nationwide including Walmart, ACE, Kmart, Kroger, and more. You’ll start the payment process online in your ConnectNetwork account, then complete your transaction with cash at a participating local retail store. Plus, many of these stores are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Find a retail store near you.
5. You can call customer service 24/7 at 877-650-4249 and get instructions for depositing money over the phone using a debit or credit card.
San Luis Obispo County Honor Farm Commissary Instructions
San Luis Obispo County Honor Farm allows pre-determined commissary packs to be purchased by friends and family of inmates.
The service they use is called icaregifts.
1. Register here.
2. Click the "Find an Inmate" button and enter your loved one’s first name, last name, or inmate number. When the information is entered correctly, click the “Search” button to confirm they are in the system.
3. Select the icare gift you want to send them.
4. Confirm the order in your confirmation email.
5. San Luis Obispo County Honor Farm has up to 30 days to give your icaregift pack to your inmate.
6. You will receive a confirmation email when it is delivered.
There are a total of fourteen (14) pre-determined icaregift packs available to choose from.
They range in price from $10.49 for ten pre-stamped envelopes, 2 pens and a pad of writing paper…
… to $104.99 for a box of 85 snack and food items…
… with many gift packs priced in between.
Frequently Asked Questions (you must have an inmate chosen in order to review these FAQs for San Luis Obispo County Honor Farm
888-439-5020 - 8AM–9PM ET, 7 days a week.
What Can You Purchase for an Inmate's Commissary at San Luis Obispo County Honor Farm
icaregifts is the San Luis Obispo County Honor Farm's outside vendor for Commissary Items. They have a very good mix of Chips, Snacks, Candy, Meat, Seafood, Hygeine products, and Letter writing materials for sale on their website.
Who can Purchase Commissary for San Luis Obispo County Honor Farm Inmates?
Anybody can purchase commissary for your inmate as long as there is not a 'no-contact order' in place, as this might get them in further trouble.
Because of the ability for family members and friends to purchase commissary online from icaregifts using a Visa or Mastercard credit or debit card, you and your inmate have more options.
Why Do Inmates in San Luis Obispo County Honor Farm need Commissary?
Since inmates are not allowed to possess cash money while in custody, the San Luis Obispo County Honor Farm allows the inmate's family and/or friends to purchase products online from icaregifts.
This allows them to obtain items such as personal hygiene products, snacks, apparel, electronics and stationery supplies. Otherwise they go without, and you don't want them to be obligated to others for their basic needs.
Medical Copays, Jail Fees and other Inmate Expenses
Many jails debit (charge) an inmate's commissary accounts for medical visits, any medications including over-the-counter pain reliever, jail stay fees, restitution, etc.
Taking this into consideration when deciding how much to deposit will ensure the inmate gets the amount you wanted him to have after things are deducted.
A quick call to the San Luis Obispo County Honor Farm at 805-781-4600 will let you know how much is deducted from the books for each fee related to medical issues or other jail expenses.
Important Tips and Information About Your Inmate's Commissary
Sometimes an inmate's commissary money is used to purchase items to pay gambling debts or purchase prescription medicine from another inmate. If your inmate is spending more than $10.00 a day on commissary items, you are most likely paying for him or her to gamble or buy drugs.
Some inmates, specifically those who are targeted for being weak or are in jail for rape or child molestation, are forced to relinquish their commissary to avoid regular beatings from other inmates.
If you think your inmate is being targeted for violence or having their commissary taken to avoid beatings, contact the San Luis Obispo County Honor Farm and ask to investigate. If an inmate is being targeted, they will intervene and have the victim placed in protective custody, away from the general population.
Put your financial needs first and the inmate's second. Don't forget, the inmate is getting three free 2,000 calorie meals a day. The food may not be of the highest quality, but the commissary food is generally much less nutritious.
Click here to purchase commissary online for your inmate at San Luis Obispo County Honor Farm.
**NOTE** GTL is in a transition merging into a new company called ViaPath Technologies.
All the information you need to understand depositing money into an inmate's trust fund, specifically for phone calls in San Luis Obispo County, can be found on our Send Money Page.
For all the information you need to know regarding scheduling, cost, rules, tips and guidelines of inmate visits at the San Luis Obispo County Honor Farm, check out our Visit Inmate Page.
For full instructions on the San Luis Obispo County Honor Farm Inmate Phone Syste, what the costs are, how it works, and tips and guidelines on rules, regulations and saving money on calls, check out our Send Money Page.
For all the information you need regarding making an inmate deposit, what it costs, how much you can send, how long it takes for your inmate to receive funds and more, check out our Send Money Page.
San Luis Obispo County Honor Farm uses the services of NCIC for inmate phone calling. It is called a ‘friends & family account”.
In order to receive phone calls from your inmate, you need to do the following:
1. You cannot receive any calls to your phone number from your inmate until both you and your phone number are registered.
2. When you do receive a call, the number you will view on your phone from the incoming call is: 800-943-2189.
3. When allowed by San Luis Obispo County Honor Farm, families can also leave secure voicemails for inmates to listen to.
For all information, tips and available items for shipping Commissary packages to an inmate in San Luis Obispo County Honor Farm, as well as sending money to the inmate so that they can purchase their own items, check out our Commissary Instructions Page for San Luis Obispo County.