How Do You Communicate with an Inmate in the Shasta County Juvenile Hall by Phone
Follow these instructions on how to open an account with GTL Connect Network (aka Viapath Technologies)
- Advance Pay - This phone account allows you to prepay so that your inmate can call you (and only you) whenever he/she wants and the cost of each call is deducted from your balance. You can even be notified by text when your balance gets low. You still have the option of accepting or rejecting each call.
- Pin Debit - This option allows you to fund an inmate's commissary account and lets him pay for phone calls to you and others with the money. You will have no control over who your inmate calls.
- Voicemail - You can leave a secure voicemail without having to contact the facility. When you call the local phone number for a facility offering Inmate Voicemail (call Customer Service at 877-650-4249 to get the local voicemail number for Shasta County Juvenile Hall, you will be informed of the cost for leaving a message. To leave your message, simply select the inmate by ID number. Then, record your voicemail.
For full instructions on the Shasta County Juvenile Hall Inmate Phone Syste, what the costs are, how it works, and tips and guidelines on rules, regulations and saving money on calls, check out our Send Money Page.
How to Deposit Money into an Inmate's Account in Shasta County Juvenile Hall
To deposit money into the account of an inmate in Shasta County, follow these instructions:
- Create an account with Touchpay Services, a GTL company.
- Select California.
- Select Shasta County Juvenile Hall
- Enter the Inmate ID of your inmate. This can be found by calling 530-245-6100 or by looking up the inmate's name in the Inmate Search link above.
- Enter your billing information and send money.
- You can also deposit cash using the kiosk at the Shasta County Juvenile Hall
For all the information you need regarding making an inmate deposit, what it costs, how much you can send, how long it takes for your inmate to receive funds and more, check out our Send Money Page.
How Does an Inmate Make Phone Calls in Shasta County Juvenile Hall?
To receive phone calls from an inmate in Shasta County follow these instructions:
Shasta County Juvenile Hall uses the services of NCIC for inmate phone calling. It is called a ‘friends & family account”.
In order to receive phone calls from your inmate, you need to do the following:
- Register here, or by phone 800-943-2189
- Choose California.
- Choose Shasta County Juvenile Hall
- Select your Inmate.
- Enter the phone number your Inmate will be calling.
- Fund your Account. ($10-$100 at a time)
1. You cannot receive any calls to your phone number from your inmate until both you and your phone number are registered.
2. When you do receive a call, the number you will view on your phone from the incoming call is: 800-943-2189.
3. When allowed by Shasta County Juvenile Hall, families can also leave secure voicemails for inmates to listen to.
- Adding funds to your account - $3.00
- Cost of phone call of a Prepaid Collect Account - $0.21 per minute
- Cost of an interstate (ex. California to a different state) phone call NOT Prepaid - $0.25 per minute
- Cost of an intrastate (ex. California to California) phone call NOT Prepaid - $0.25 per minute
- Cost if you set up your account (or fund it) by phone using a live agent, you will be charged a one-time fee of $5.95.
NCIC Customer Service
Phone - 800-943-2189 or 903-247-0069
Email – [email protected]
Full list of participating jails.
For all the information regarding phone calls with Shasta County inmates; rules, policies, phone calling times, fees, limits and more visit our Inmate Phone Page.