Due to the ability of third party companies providing a secure environment for Clarke County Jail inmates and their contacts outside the facility to communicate digitally, this facility will now (or soon) be providing the ability for digital messaging.
Secure digital messaging allows for a delay between the emails of the inmate and their friends and family, so that the jail can scan the communication for illegal or other communications against their policies.
Note that all messages, both sent and received, will be saved and will be referred to in the inmate's existing or future criminal charges.
Complete instructions on how to sign up for this service for the Clarke County Jail, and how it works can be found below. Call 601-776-5252 if you have any questions.
To set up a phone account so that your inmate can call you from Clarke County do the following:
1. Enroll in an account with Securus Technologies.
2. Choose one of three account types, Securus Debit, Advance Connect or Direct Bill.
3. Choose [facility_name_1}, then connect with your inmate.
4. If you have any questions, call Securus: 972-734-1111 or 800-844-6591.
To find out fees, how to's, calling times, limits on phone calls and other systems Securus has do that you can communicate with your Clarke County inmate, check out our Inmate Phone Page.
NOTE: All of your inmate's phone calls are recorded and stored. It is advised not to discuss their pending case.
To receive phone calls from an inmate in Clarke County follow these instructions:
Clarke County Jail uses the services of NCIC for inmate phone calling. It is called a ‘friends & family account”.
In order to receive phone calls from your inmate, you need to do the following:
1. You cannot receive any calls to your phone number from your inmate until both you and your phone number are registered.
2. When you do receive a call, the number you will view on your phone from the incoming call is: 800-943-2189.
3. When allowed by Clarke County Jail, families can also leave secure voicemails for inmates to listen to.