The Marion-Walthall County Regional Correctional is a 850 bed jail in the city of Columbia, Walthall County, Mississippi.
This page provides information on how to search for an inmate in the official jail roster, directions to the facility, and inmate services such as the visitation schedule and policies, funding an inmate's account, mailing them a letter, voicemail, emailing and texting, tablet rentals, bail bond instructions, and commissary purchases.
503 South Main Street
Columbia, MS 39429
Mailing Address (personal mail):
Inmate's first and last name
Marion-Walthall County/Regional Correctional Facility
503 South Main Street
Columbia, MS 39429
Other Jails and Prisons
To search for an inmate in the Marion-Walthall County Regional Correctional, review their criminal charges, the amount of their bond, when they can get visits, or even view their mugshot, go to the Official Jail Inmate Roster, or call the jail at 601-736-3621 for the information you are looking for.
The Marion-Walthall County Regional Correctional maintains an average of 850 offenders in custody on any given day. The Marion-Walthall County Regional Correctional has a monthly turnover of 40% of their inmate population, another 30% turnover every 90 days, another 20% every six months, and approximately 10% stay incarcerated between six and twelve months. Every year Walthall County law enforcement agencies arrest and detain approximately 17,960 offenders.
The following charts of Walthall County inmate population demographics are updated daily. The information shown is for today. For research purposes we have broken down the inmates by sex, age, ethnicity, and criminal charges.
The information is compiled from the Walthall County Corrections Department, the state of Mississippi Department of Corrections, as well as the United States Department of Justice and Census Bureau records. It represents every person in custody in Walthall County.
For complete information on how to get directions, bond, visit, mail, send and receive email and texts, receive phone calls, and send money or commissary to an inmate, find arrest information for Walthall County and other counties surrounding this one, scroll down this page. We have a section for each.
For a collection of over 20 additional graphs and charts of the demographic and criminal arrest information of the inmates in Walthall County and Mississippi state prisons, click the button below.
Walthall County INMATE DEMOGRAPHICS
|Hispanic or Latino||14||1.96%|
|American Indian/Native Alaskan||1||0.14%|
|Pacific Islander/Native Hawaiian||0||0.00%|
(many inmates have multiple charges)
|Felony (3rd Degree)||162||22.69%|
|Felony (2rd Degree)||199||27.87%|
|Felony (1st Degree)||0||0.00%|
|State Jail Felony||3||0.42%|
|Misdemeanor (Class A)||184||25.77%|
|Misdemeanor (Class C)||0||0.00%|
How do I Mail an Inmate in the Marion-Walthall County Regional Correctional, and what can I send them?
To communicate by text or email with an Walthall County inmate, follow these instructions:
For all the information you need to send and receive secure messages in the form of text or email with a Marion-Walthall County Regional Correctional inmate, including how it works, how much it costs, renting your inmate a tablet, how often you can communicate and more, check out our Text/Email an Inmate Page.
NOTE: Your messages will be monitored and stored. You may want to refrain from discussing your inmate's court case.
How Can I Communicate with an Inmate in the Marion-Walthall County Regional Correctional using an Online Messaging Service?
They are the same company that facilitate Secure Deposits and Securepaks, so if you are already registered with them, then you are already approved to send Secure Messages to your inmate.
After Registering/Logging In:
1. You choose Marion-Walthall County Regional Correctional.
2. You Search for your inmate by typing in his last name. You can further narrow your search by adding his first name and/or Inmate ID.
3. You add a credit or debit card.
4. You buy a message plan (plans and prices vary), or buy credits. One credit costs $0.01.
5. You select the option for your inmate to be able use the credits which you purchase, to message back to you... Or not.
6. Marion-Walthall County Regional Correctional charges a fee for each message sent or received.
Important Things to Know
- Access Corrections has an iphone app and an android app for using their services.
- ALL of your correspondence will be monitored by the jail.
- Do NOT write anything you wouldn’t want repeated in court.
- Rates vary and are always subject to change.
- Inmates can write you back ONLY if you select that option.
- You CAN send photos up to 32MB in file size. Subject to change.
- You CAN have unlimited credits on your account but are limited in the amount of each credit purchase.
- You may NOT type or send emoticons.
- You may NOT copy and paste text. Type directly.
- You may NOT type profanities, violence or characters not approved.
- Due to messages having to be reviewed first, allow up to five days for a message to be delivered.
- You may NOT transfer credits to another email.
To send a secure email message to an inmate in Marion-Walthall County Regional Correctional follow these steps:
This facility, known as "Marion-Walthall County Regional Correctional" is also known as Marion-Walthall County/Regional Correctional Facility, Marion-Walthall County Regional Correctional Facility, Marion-Walthall County Regional Correctional Facility, Mississippi, Walthall.