Marin County Juvenile Hall INMATE & FAMILY SERVICES
The Marin County Juvenile Hall in San Rafael, Marin County, California, like all jails is a maximum security facility. Because the inmates in this jail range from low level offenders to those being held for violent crimes like robbery, rape and murder, the security level is as high as is it is in any maximum security state prison. Some of the security features in this facility include security cameras, electronic detection and reinforced fencing topped with razor wire. Correctional officers in Marin County Juvenile Hall are armed with mace and trained to use physical force to protect themselves and other inmates from violence.
The men, women and juveniles being held in the Marin County Juvenile Hall are either awaiting trial or have been sentenced in the Marin County Court System already and been sentenced to a period of time of one year or less. When an inmate is sentenced to a year or more, they are admitted into the California Prison or Federal Prison System. Inmates in the Marin County Juvenile Hall are fed three meals a day totaling 2,500 calories, are allowed access to phones to contact friends and family members, are allowed at least one hour a day for exercise, have access to books, bathroom and shower facilities. The inmates are allowed mail to be delivered to them as well as newspapers and magazine from trusted outside publishers.
**NOTE** GTL is in a transition merging into a new company called ViaPath Technologies.
All the information you need to understand depositing money into an inmate's trust fund, specifically for phone calls in Marin County, can be found on our Send Money Page.
1. First, Register or Sign In to GTL / Viapath Services.
2. In the top menu, click on 'Services', then on 'Inmate Devices & Content'.
3. All inmates have free access to the tablets to read their letters from family & friends, but there are many other services available to keep your inmate busy while incarcerated... such as Games, Books, Music and Movies. These other services come with fees that you can pay for when you pay for phone service.
To learn more about Tablet Rentals for inmates, including the cost, all the services available and everything else you need to know, check out our Tablet Rental Page.
You can also send photos and videos to your inmate, along with your message.
For all the information you need to know regarding using GTL to send messages, photos and videos, how much it costs, tips and guidelines and more, check out our Text/Email an Inmate Page.
For all the information you need to know regarding scheduling, cost, rules, tips and guidelines of inmate visits at the Marin County Juvenile Hall, check out our Visit Inmate Page.
For full instructions on the Marin County Juvenile Hall Inmate Phone Syste, what the costs are, how it works, and tips and guidelines on rules, regulations and saving money on calls, check out our Send Money Page.
Marin County Juvenile Hall uses the services of NCIC for inmate phone calling. It is called a ‘friends & family account”.
In order to receive phone calls from your inmate, you need to do the following:
1. You cannot receive any calls to your phone number from your inmate until both you and your phone number are registered.
2. When you do receive a call, the number you will view on your phone from the incoming call is: 800-943-2189.
3. When allowed by Marin County Juvenile Hall, families can also leave secure voicemails for inmates to listen to.
Marin County Juvenile Hall
16 Jeannette Prandi Way
San Rafael, CA 95213-1133
This facility, known as "Marin County Juvenile Hall" is also known as Marin County Juvenile Hall , Marin County Juvenile Hall , California, Marin.