Fulton County Jail - Emailing an Inmate
Fulton County Jail allows Secure Messaging using a third-party service call Access Corrections.
They are the same company that facilitate Secure Deposits and Securepaks, so if you are already registered with them, then you are already approved to send Secure Messages to your inmate.
After Registering/Logging In:
1. You choose Fulton County Jail.
2. You Search for your inmate by typing in his last name. You can further narrow your search by adding his first name and/or Inmate ID.
3. You add a credit or debit card.
4. You buy a message plan (plans and prices vary), or buy credits. One credit costs $0.01.
5. You select the option for your inmate to be able use the credits which you purchase, to message back to you... Or not.
6. Fulton County Jail charges a fee for each message sent or received.
Important Things to Know
- Access Corrections has an iphone app and an android app for using their services.
- ALL of your correspondence will be monitored by the jail.
- Do NOT write anything you wouldn’t want repeated in court.
- Rates vary and are always subject to change.
- Inmates can write you back ONLY if you select that option.
- You CAN send photos up to 32MB in file size. Subject to change.
- You CAN have unlimited credits on your account but are limited in the amount of each credit purchase.
- You may NOT type or send emoticons.
- You may NOT copy and paste text. Type directly.
- You may NOT type profanities, violence or characters not approved.
- Due to messages having to be reviewed first, allow up to five days for a message to be delivered.
- You may NOT transfer credits to another email.
Here's how it works:
1. Once you find out that your inmate has been arrested, go here and select Georgia.
2. Next select Fulton County Jail, or if it is not listed like that, try Fulton County.
3. Next, input your inmate's name or ID Number and then click 'Find'.
4. If your inmate is elegible for a cash bond, the amount will be noted next to their criminal charges.
For full information on Cash bail and Bond Online, including how to contact them by phone and email, check out our Inmate Bail page.
1. Enroll in an account with Securus Technologies.
2. Choose one of three account types, Securus Debit, Advance Connect or Direct Bill.
3. Choose [facility_name_1}, then connect with your inmate.
4. If you have any questions, call Securus: 972-734-1111 or 800-844-6591.
To find out fees, how to's, calling times, limits on phone calls and other systems Securus has do that you can communicate with your Fulton County inmate, check out our Inmate Phone Page.
NOTE: All of your inmate's phone calls are recorded and stored. It is advised not to discuss their pending case.
Fulton County Jail uses Securus eMessaging for Inmate Email.
Register here. (You are already registered if you signed up with Securus for 'Phone' or 'Remote Visitation' in Fulton County or any jail or prison in the country).
1. Sign up for eMessaging
2. Find your Fulton County inmate.
3. Purchase a book of Securus ‘stamps’.
4. Type & Send message.
For all Fulton County information for sending secure messages to an inmate in Fulton County Jail, including instructions, video examples, fees, limits, tablet rentals and more, check out out Text/Email an Inmate Page.
To get more complete instructions, and understand visit lengths, times, locations, fees and all the other rules including children, dress codes and more, check out or Visit Inmate Page.
NOTE: All visits are recorded and whatever you say and do will be monitored. It is best to never discuss sensitive information regarding your inmate's pending case.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you email or text an inmate in Fulton County Jail?
Yes, Fulton County Jail contracts with a third-party service called Access Corrections Secure Mail. You can exchange digital messages with an inmate for a fee. The way it works is that after registering, you purchase a certain amount of 'credits' which cost $0.01 each. You can spend those credits on words or photos. Likewise, if you allow it, your inmate can also use those credits to message you back. They cannot send photos though. Important things to know: Don't send anything violent or pornographic. Don't send anything related to a crime or his case. All your correspondence will be monitored by the jail staff. You can have unlimited credits, but are limited to how much you can purchase at one time. For any questions about Secure Mail, call Access Corrections at 866-345-1884, or call the jail at 404-613-2142. Learn more about how to text/email an inmate in the Fulton County Jail.
Can an inmate in Fulton County Jail email or text me?
Yes, an inmate in Fulton County Jail can email or text you using the jail's third-party service called Access Corrections Secure Mail. Inmates can write you back ONLY if you select that option, so make sure you check the box for allowing your inmate to be able to message you when you open your account. For any questions about Secure Mail, call Access Corrections at 866-345-1884, or call the jail at 404-613-2142. Learn more about how to text/email an inmate in the Fulton County Jail.
How do I email or text an inmate in Fulton County Jail?
To send an email or a text to an inmate in Fulton County Jail, you first need to register with the third-party service they contract with, Access Corrections. You can link to it directly and get full instructions on the JailExchange website linked above. After registering, you select Fulton County Jail, then select your inmate, then add your payment method, and then you can write your message and/or upload the photo(s) you are choosing to send them. Access Corrections will walk you through each step. They also have apps for both iphone and Android. For any questions about Secure Mail, call Access Corrections at 866-345-1884, or call the jail at 404-613-2142. Learn more about how to text/email an inmate in the Fulton County Jail.
How long does it take for my email or text to get to to an inmate?
Access Corrections Secure messaging, the third party service used to send texts/emails to an inmate in Fulton County Jail processes the text and/or photo to your inmate immediately. First it has to be reviewed by their filtering (censoring) system. If it passes that it gets sent to the facility so that their staff can review it, just like they review regular snail mail. The entire process can take as short as one day, but as long as five days. For any questions about Secure Mail, call Access Corrections at 866-345-1884, or call the jail at 404-613-2142. Learn more about how to text/email an inmate in the Fulton County Jail.
Can I send a photo by email or text to an inmate in Fulton County Jail
Yes. Using a third party service the Fulton County Jail allows, Access Corrections Secure Mail, you can send a photo of up to 32MB in file size. While Secure messaging is not an email or texting service per se, it functions like email, except that your photos must first be reviewed and cleared by the jail before they are forwarded on to your inmate. For any questions about Secure Mail, call Access Corrections at 866-345-1884. Learn more about how to text/email an inmate in the Fulton County Jail.
How much does it cost to send an email, text or photo to an inmate in Fulton County Jail?
The cost to send an inmate a text, an email or a photo using Access Corrections Secure Mail is $0.01 per credit. The fee is designed this way so that they can change the definition of what a 'credit' is. This means that if the jail decides that they want to allow a credit to mean "one word', or to mean "one letter or number" they have that option. You can also choose a 'plan' with special pricing. In the long run, you will end up saving money by purchasing a 'plan'. After registering with Access Corrections, and selecting Fulton County Jail, then your inmate, and then preparing a message, you can review the cost to you prior to sending it. For any questions about Secure Mail, call Access Corrections at 866-345-1884, or you can learn more about how to text/email an inmate in the Fulton County Jail.
Can I send an inmate in Fulton County Jail emoticons in my emails or texts?
No. Access Corrections Secure Mail does NOT allow, nor recognize emoticons in your digital messages to an inmate in Fulton County Jail. If you use an emoticon it will be rejected and the inmate will not see it. You may only use words. For any questions about Secure Mail, call Access Corrections at 866-345-1884, or you can learn more about how to text/email an inmate in the Fulton County Jail.