3-5351 Kuhio Highway
Lihue, HI 96766
808-241-3050 ext. 244
The devices are similar to common handheld tablets, but are made exclusively by GettingOut, a GTL company.
Tablets offer specialized content and services for inmates to use during their stay at Kauai Community Correctional Center, such as:
- Free services are already available for use on the device at Kauai Community Correctional Center.
- Subscription services are funded separately by family and friends with deposits made into an inmate’s Debit Link account.
- Kauai Community Correctional Center Inmates will then be able to purchase subscription services and premium content to enjoy.
What Does a Tablet Cost?
To mail or email an inmate in Kauai County follow these steps:
When mailing a letter or postcard to an inmate, please follow these instructions:
Emailing Messages & Photos
Facility_name_1} contracts with GTL GettingOut, the same service that handles iInmate Phone Systems and Video Visitation, for sending secure messages and photos between you and your inmate.
If you are not already registered, do so here, or Log in.
Then use the Facility Finder to:
1. Select Kauai Community Correctional Center,
2. Add your inmate to your list of contacts,
3. Add a credit or debit card to cover your costs.
Go here to this FAQ to get answers to how the transition to ViaPath from GTL and gettingout will affect your account.
Follow these instructions on how to open an account with GTL Connect Network (aka Viapath Technologies)
For full instructions on the Kauai Community Correctional Center Inmate Phone System, what the costs are, how it works, and tips and guidelines on rules, regulations and saving money on calls, check out our Inmate Phones Page.
Because Kauai County and Hawaii can change their bail bond procedures, it is always best to call either the Kauai Community Correctional Center at 808-241-3050 ext. 244, or the court in the jurisdiction (i.e. Municipal Court, District Court, etc.) where the offender was charged, and do this right after an arrestee has been booked.
Ask the staff at the Kauai Community Correctional Center or the Kauai County Court Clerk these specific questions:
If you feel the bail is too high and you wish to get it reduced, contact a lawyer or the defendant's public defender and get them to look into what they can do to get a bail reduction. The sooner you get working on this the quicker you will get your loved one released.
This entire process will go smoother and faster with a criminal attorney or bail agent handling it for you.
How to Make a Deposit for Phone, Email or Visitation using GettingOut.com
Kauai Community Correctional Center uses GettingOut for some or all of its communication services with an inmate.
If you want to deposit money using this company for your use or your inmate's account, there are four ways to do it:
For all the information you need to know, including tips, guidelines and warnings about depositing money in a Kauai Community Correctional Center inmate's account for communication services, check out our Send Money page.
To find out how to get access to a tablet for inmate read the following:
1. First, Register or Sign In to GettingOut/GTL
2. Purchase the services you want for your Kauai Community Correctional Center inmate.
3. All inmates have free access to the tablets to read their letters from family & friends, but there are many other services available to keep your inmate busy while incarcerated... such as Games, Books, Music and Movies. These other services come with fees that you can pay for when you pay for phone service.
To learn more about Tablet Rentals for inmates, including the cost, all the services available and everything else you need to know, check out our Tablet Rental Page.
To visit an inmate in Kauai County, whether by video or in person 'at the jail', follow these steps:
Other than 'at the jail' visits between you and your inmate, which is explained and outlined in detail on our Visit Inmate Page, Kauai County remote video inmate visitation can be done using the services of GettingOut.
There are three ways to remotely visit your inmate in Kauai Community Correctional Center:
1. Using the GettingOut Kiosk at the jail.
2. Using your computer from home.
3. Using your phone on the GettingOut apps.
To remotely visit an inmate in Kauai County follow these steps:
1. Start by confirming that Kauai Community Correctional Center's Video Visitation is working correctly by looking up Kauai County here.
2. The next step is to create an account here for GettingOut.
3. Then add funds to your account.
4. Last, select Kauai Community Correctional Center, and then the inmate you wish to communicate with.
Other Kauai County Services provided by GettingOut:
- Phone Calls & Voicemail
- Email, Photo & Video Sharing
- Inmate Tablet Rental
* All the information you need to have complete knowledge about inmate visitation; policies, rules, fees, schedules, tips, dress codes, and children, lawyers and clergy visitation in Kauai County, can be found on our Visit Inmate Page.
Kauai Community Correctional Center Phone: 808-241-3050 ext. 244