Mackinac County Jail - Remote Video Visitation with your Inmate
The information below provides complete instructions regarding:
Visiting Hours and Visitation Schedule,
Application & Registration
Inmate Video Visits, and
Jail Visitation Process for the Mackinac County Jail
Mackinac County Jail uses HomeWAV for Inmate Video Visitation.
Off-site remote visits are simple and convenient for both inmates and you.
Outgoing calls can be initiated from the detention facility without the need for advanced scheduling.
HomeWAV is compatible with both Apple iOS and Android.
HomeWAV is compatible with most major browsers on either PC or Mac computers, but works best with Google Chrome.
Following these instructions exactly will enhance your chances of having trouble-free visits.
How Much does Homewav Cost?
Mackinac County Jail charges $0.50 cents per minute for video visitation and $1.00 for each video message.
There is NO minimum talk time. Each ‘call’ can be as short as one minute.
In addition, there is a $1.00 fee for any purchase. All “Talk to me Funds” can only be used between the inmate and the visitor who owns the account.
How does HomeWAV video visitation work?
1. Sign Up Here.
2. Complete both steps of the registration process
3. Add ‘Talk to me Funds’ to your account using your credit or debit card.
4. Then you just wait for the inmate to call
How Do I add Funds to my account?
1. Once you are logged in, click “Add Talk to Me Funds
2. Type in the amount of dollars you want to add to your account.
3. Click “Update”
4. Choose a way to pay (Credit, debit, or prepaid card.)
Can I use HomeWAV on my smartphone or tablet?
Yes, however your HomeWAV account must be first set up online from a computer.
Once you have added funds to your account, you will need to install the Homewav app onto your phone or tablet.
To receive calls you must log in through the app and wait for the inmate to initiate the call.
You cannot add funds or make any changes to your account information through the app. These options are only available through the website.
The app should be solely used for video visitation.
What are the minimum PC requirements?
1. A computer with Windows Operating System. (Note: HomeWAV works best with Chrome.)
2. Speakers or Headphones
3. Camera and microphone
Can I use HomeWAV from the jail lobby if I don’t have a computer?
Yes, Mackinac County Jail has a HomeWAV kiosk in their lobby for you to use if you don’t have a computer or smartphone, however due to COVID issues you may be temporarily prohibited entrance into their lobby.
How does the Inmate Know I am Logged in and Ready to Visit?
1. Make sure there are funds in your account and that you are marked as “appear online”.
2. The moment you log in, the HomeWAV screen at the facility will light up green and display the inmates name. This informs the inmate that they have a visitor that is now logged on.
3. Once the inmate sees the notification, he or she will initiate the call.
4. When the inmate initiates the call, a ringing sound will take place and a pop-up box will appear, asking you if you want to accept the call.
Can I transfer funds from one inmate to another?
If you have multiple inmates and would like to transfer your funds to a different inmate, please call HomeWAV at 314-764-2872 or email email@example.com and include the following information:
1. Homewav account holder’s name.
2. The number of minutes to be transferred.
3. Facility Name.
4. From which inmate to who do you want to transfer funds.
How do I get a refund on leftover funds?
Email HomeWAV at firstname.lastname@example.org with your refund request.
REFUNDS are subject to a $7.50 processing fee. *Note* refund requests must be sent from the email address of the registered visitor.
How can I contact HomeWAV if I’m having any problems?
HomeWAV Visitor Support is available 7 days a week during the following hours:
Monday – Friday
9:00AM to 6:00PM EST
Saturday – Sunday
8:00AM to 6:00PM EST
HomeWAV Customer Service: Call 1-314-764-2872, or toll free 1-844-394-6639.