Adams County Jail - Inmate Phone Services
Adams County Jail uses the services of NCIC for inmate phone calling. It is called a ‘friends & family account”.
1. You cannot receive any calls to your phone number from your inmate until both you and your phone number are registered.
2. When you do receive a call, the number you will view on your phone from the incoming call is: 800-943-2189.
3. When allowed by Adams County Jail, families can also leave secure voicemails for inmates to listen to.
How does an Inmate make a phone call from Adams County Jail?
To make a phone call to you from Adams County Jail, your inmate will phone you direct from the jail.
If you haven't set yourself (and your phone number) up in the NCIC system, the call will not go through, however you will receive a notice that someone using the phone number 800-943-2189 attempted to phone you.
Once you register yourself (and your phone number), AND prefund the account with NCIC you will have the option of accepting, denying or blocking any phone call coming from 800-943-2189.
When you accept the call, you will be billed at a rate of $0.21 per minute.
Emailing and Photo Sharing with your Inmate
Emailing Messages & Photos
If you are not already registered, do so here, or Log in.
Then use the Facility Finder to:
1. Select this facility,
3. Add a credit or debit card to cover your costs.
How Messaging Works
1. Messages can be up to 500 characters long, including punctuation. At the bottom of your message there is a 'character countdown' feature.
2. After you click the “CONTINUE” button, you can review the cost to send your message to your inmate. You can also attach credits for your inmate to reply to your message. Be sure to accept the Terms and Conditions and click the “SEND” button for your message to be successfully delivered to your inmate.
How Uploading Photos Works
1. Select the Photos Tab.
2. Select “Take New Photo” or “Upload New Photo”.
3. Take a new photo with your webcam, or select "Choose File" to upload a photo from your computer.
4. Give your photo a Title or add it to the "Gallery" of your choice.
5. Select the "Share" button.
6. Select your inmate(s) and then select "Share".
7. Once the photo is approved, it will be shared with your inmate(s).
Customer Service Questions
Important Tips About Jail Phone Calls
Many jails and prisons restrict the amount of time that an inmate can use the phone by placing daily and monthly limits, so try to pace yourself and not use up all your time at the beginning of the month.
Jails limit an inmate's phone time to certain hours of the day, so it is important you keep a regular schedule that works for both you and your inmate.
If your inmate does not call you during the time you both have scheduled, don't panic. There are often long lines for phone use. When a jail is on lockdown due to a fight or other security issue they do not allow the phones to be used.
Phones are the only way for an inmate to hear your voice and temporarily 'escape' the loneliness of incarceration, so use your time well. Arguing about anything will leave you both feeling empty and guilty, so avoid it at all costs.
All phone conversations are recorded. Whatever you talk about, can and will be used against your inmate in court. Never discuss their pending criminal case!
Also, be warned that some phone providers are collecting voice prints for a database which law enforcement agencies are building.
Sign up with NCIC to connect with your inmate at Adams County Jail by clicking the banner below.