Niagara County Jail Inmate Search

To find an inmate who is incarcerated in the Niagara County Jail system in Niagara Falls, New York, go to VineLINK.

Click on the blue “Offender” tab on the upper left side of the page.

Select “Choose Agency” and use the dropdown menu to highlight and click on Niagara County Jail.

The site provides two search methods.

  • Search by Offender Number
  • Search by Name

Search by Offender Number

Enter the offender number into the search box.

  • Click on “Search”.

*NOTE*- The number must be accurate or your search results will be wrong.

Search by Name

  • Enter the inmate’s last name.
  • Enter the inmate’s first name.
  • Click on “Search”.

*TIP* - If you are unsure of the inmate’s full name or the spelling of the name, click on the “Partial Last Name Search” box before clicking on “Search”.

Enter the first three letters of the last name and the first letter of the first name.

The system will list all inmates whose names begin with those letters. If you have the exact birthdate of the inmate, you can narrow your search by entering it in the appropriate box.

Inmate Information Available for Viewing

Click on the inmate’s name to view:

  • Offender ID
  • Date of Birth
  • Age
  • Race
  • Gender
  • Custody Status
  • Location of Offender
  • Mugshot (Click on the blue photo link to open it)


There are two ways to get the inmate out of jail to await court hearings.


You can pay the entire cash bail amount to the appropriate courthouse during normal business s hours. Once the inmate appears at all hearings and the case is adjudicated, you may make a written request to the court to have your money returned, minus any applicable fees. If the inmate does not go to court as ordered,  you will forfeit your money to the court.


If you cannot afford the entire cash amount, you can contact a local bail bond company. This company will ask you to pay a percentage of the total cash amount (usually 10 percent) and a small fee for processing. The company then promises the court that if your inmate is released to await court he/she will appear as ordered. If the inmate fails to appear, the bond company will pay the entire amount to the court. You do not get the 10 percent or the fee back after the case is over. This is how the company makes its money.

NOTE: If this happens, the bond company will have the right to sue you for that amount if you signed for the bond.

Recent Arrests and/or Pre-trial Inmates in Niagara County Jail

If you are certain your inmate is in Niagara County Jail, or at the very least in Niagara County County, go to this page to search for them.

If the Niagara County Jail inmate search website is not currently online or up to date, call (716) 438-3446 for assistance in locating your inmate.

The Niagara County Jail is "open" 24-hours-a-day. When you call, give the staff member the name of who you are looking for and a birthdate or age if you have it. That person will let you know if your inmate is there.

At minimum you will need a first and last name. If you can provide the middle name or initial that is even better. In a perfect world you will also have the inmate's birthdate, but if not, an estimated age will help.

If you are not sure what county jail the inmate is located in, it helps to at least know the geographic area. Knowing what state the inmate is in is good; knowing which county is even better.

In some cases, there will be more than one possibility. Use patience and check them all. Go here to get started on a search for any jail in the state of New York or go to this page to begin a search for all jails in the United States.

If your inmate has been charged but not yet convicted of a misdemeanor or a felony, he or she will most likely be held in Niagara County County within the county where the crime occurred. If you only have the city name, look up the city's police department, call and ask them if they keep inmates at a local jail or send them to the county jail. If they are sent to the Niagara County County Jail, either look them up here or call (716) 438-3446 for assistance.

Recently convicted felons are sometimes held at Niagara County County Jail until transport to a New York State Prison is available. Inmates sentenced to less than one year incarceration or those convicted to serve time for misdemeanors will do their time in the Niagara County County Jail system.

How to find an Inmate already convicted of a felony and sentenced in the state of New York

State Inmates

Most states have Department of Corrections websites that allow you to type in a felon's first and last name and pull up inmates in that state. Go to this page for inmates in New York. If you need to find an inmate in another state prison system, go here.

When you click next to the inmate's name or on a link, it will show you which jail or prison the inmate is housed in. If the inmate is no longer incarcerated, but is on parole/probation or discharged, it will tell you that as well. In addition, many state prison inmate pages show recent mug shots.

Federal Inmates

The federal prison system has its own inmate locator called the Bureau of Prisons Inmate Locator.

Type in the inmate's name and it will tell you where he or she is incarcerated and their projected release date. It also lists released federal prison inmates and the date they were released.

Federal inmates who are moved from one prison to another will show as "No longer in federal custody" on the system until they reach their next federal prison destination. This movement can take a few days to several months to complete, so keep checking back to find out where the inmate was taken.

ICE Inmates

The ICE Detainee Lookup allows friends, family members and interested parties to locate illegal and/or undocumented immigrants that are in the United States without permission.

They are held in detention centers approved by Immigration Custody and Enforcement until their hearing or date they are deported back to their home country.

To look up the detainee, users need the full legal name the person used upon their arrest and the country the person claimed they originated from. It helps to also have the "A-number", which is the number that ICE assigned to them upon their detention, which you can use instead of attempting to type the detainee's name.