Mailing and Emailing Inmates at Piedmont Regional Jail - Amelia
When mailing a letter or postcard to an inmate, please address your mail as follows:
Inmate's First and Last Name
631 Industrial Park Rd
PO Drawer 388
Farmville, VA 23901
All mail sent to an inmate at the Piedmont Regional Jail - Amelia must include the sender's name and mailing address in the top left corner of the envelope or postcard.
Failure to include your return address will most likely result in your mail NOT being delivered and your letter destroyed.
Main Phone: (434) 392-1601
The information below provides complete instructions regarding:
Piedmont Regional Jail - Amelia Inmate Mail Policies,
What type of mail is NOT allowed,
Rules for Mailing Letters and Photos and Postcards,
Emailing an inmate,
Policies for Sending Magazines, Newspapers, Books and Packages to Piedmont Regional Jail - Amelia in Farmville, Virginia.
Follow these instructions exactly to help ensure that your inmate receives his/her mail and not have it thrown away.
The Piedmont Regional Jail - Amelia has a zero-tolerance policy regarding mail violations.
Emailing Messages & Photos
If you are not already registered, do so here, or Log in.
Then use the Facility Finder to:
1. Select this facility,
3. Add a credit or debit card to cover your costs.
How Messaging Works
1. Messages can be up to 500 characters long, including punctuation. At the bottom of your message there is a 'character countdown' feature.
2. After you click the “CONTINUE” button, you can review the cost to send your message to your inmate. You can also attach credits for your inmate to reply to your message. Be sure to accept the Terms and Conditions and click the “SEND” button for your message to be successfully delivered to your inmate.
How Uploading Photos Works
1. Select the Photos Tab.
2. Select “Take New Photo” or “Upload New Photo”.
3. Take a new photo with your webcam, or select "Choose File" to upload a photo from your computer.
4. Give your photo a Title or add it to the "Gallery" of your choice.
5. Select the "Share" button.
6. Select your inmate(s) and then select "Share".
7. Once the photo is approved, it will be shared with your inmate(s).
Customer Service Questions
Type of Mail Allowed for Piedmont Regional Jail - Amelia
The Piedmont Regional Jail - Amelia allows inmates to receive pre-metered postcards like the type purchased from the post office. They may also allow certain photo postcards as long as they have not been tampered with or contain images that may be considered to be obscene or violent in nature.
The Piedmont Regional Jail - Amelia may also allow regular postcards and envelopes to be mailed to inmates as well, however more and more jails are no longer allowing envelopes due to concern about paper being dipped into liquefied drugs like methamphetamines and cocaine and then mailed into secure facilities.
To confirm that the Piedmont Regional Jail - Amelia still allows letters in envelopes call (434) 392-1601 or view the Inmate Mail Instructions by going here.
Local or national newspapers may also be mailed to the inmate as long as they are mailed directly from the newspaper publisher.
News, special interest or sports magazines may also be mailed to an inmate as long as they are shipped directly from the publisher. Any magazines that contain profanity, weapons, pornography or other content that is adult in nature will be confiscated by the jail staff and will NOT be delivered to the inmate.
Most jails allow books to be mailed directly to the jail from a reputable source such as amazon.com or barnesandnoble.com. You can order them directly from your computer and have them shipped to the inmate at the address above.
Books must NOT contain images or content that are considered excessively violent, pornographic or obscene. Any book that does not meet the Piedmont Regional Jail - Amelia standards will be disposed of.
Hard cover books will not be accepted by the jail due to their potential to be used as a weapon.
To confirm that the Piedmont Regional Jail - Amelia continues to allow books to be mailed by a third party publisher or bookseller, call (434) 392-1601.
Care packages are pre-chosen items packaged together and sent to the inmate from a third-party vendor. They can include clothing, snacks and seasonal items.
When a jail allows the inmate to receive Care Packages they must come directly from an approved company that specializes in serving the inmates of jails.
Call (434) 392-1601 or click here or here to see if the Piedmont Regional Jail - Amelia participates in a Care Package program and if so, how to purchase one.
Emailing an Inmate with Secure Messaging
Piedmont Regional Jail - Amelia allows Secure Messaging using a third-party service call Access Corrections.
They are the same company that facilitate Secure Deposits and Securepaks, so if you are already registered with them, then you are already approved to send Secure Messages to your inmate.
After Registering/Logging In:
1. You choose Piedmont Regional Jail - Amelia.
2. You Search for your inmate by typing in his last name. You can further narrow your search by adding his first name and/or Inmate ID.
3. You add a credit or debit card.
4. You buy a message plan (plans and prices vary), or buy credits. One credit costs $0.01.
5. You select the option for your inmate to be able use the credits which you purchase, to message back to you... Or not.
6. Piedmont Regional Jail - Amelia charges a fee for each message sent or received.
Important Things to Know
- Access Corrections has an iphone app and an android app for using their services.
- ALL of your correspondence will be monitored by the jail.
- Do NOT write anything you wouldn’t want repeated in court.
- Rates vary and are always subject to change.
- Inmates can write you back ONLY if you select that option.
- You CAN send photos up to 32MB in file size. Subject to change.
- You CAN have unlimited credits on your account but are limited in the amount of each credit purchase.
- You may NOT type or send emoticons.
- You may NOT copy and paste text. Type directly.
- You may NOT type profanities, violence or characters not approved.
- The ONLY allowed characters are: 1234567890=qwertyuiopasdfghjkl;''zxcvbnm,./~!@#$%^&*()_+QWERTYUIOP|ASDFGHJKL:ZXCVBNM<>?áéíóúüñ¿¡
- Due to messages having to be reviewed first, allow up to five days for a message to be delivered.
- You may NOT transfer credits to another email.
How to address your Inmate's Postcard or Envelope
Inmate's First and Last Name
631 Industrial Park Rd
PO Drawer 388
Farmville, VA 23901
All mail sent to an inmate at the Piedmont Regional Jail - Amelia must include the senders name and mailing address in the top left corner of the envelope or postcard.
Failure to include your return address will most likely result in your mail NOT being delivered and discarded.
To confirm the mailing address and/or any new policies regarding inmate mail call (434) 392-1601 or check the most recent updates on the jail's website by going here.
Mailed Items NOT Allowed
If your inmate is mailed anything other than a letter, postcard or greeting card it won't get through.
However as stated above, because of the increased smuggling of drugs, more and more jails are only allowing pre-stamped or metered, solid color or white postcards to be received by inmates.
Examples of prohibited items include:
Stamps and stickers.
Musical greeting cards.
Altered mail such as perfumed or lipstick covered.
Paper with any type of stains such as grease.
Crayon, felt tip or hand painted drawings.
Call (434) 392-1601 or click here for a complete list of prohibited items.
POLICIES REGARDING MAILING PHOTOS TO Piedmont Regional Jail - Amelia
Photos should not exceed 4 inches high x 6 inches wide.
Send no more than five photos at one time.
Polaroid Photos are prohibited.
Photos of weapons are prohibited.
Photos of drugs, the consuming of drugs or alcohol is prohibited.
Photos of lewd behavior or people exhibiting too much skin is prohibited.
Call (434) 392-1601 or check the most recent policies regarding inmate photos on the jail's website by going here.
Important Mail Tips
Mail is always scanned and inspected for contraband, obscenity and other rule infractions.
Assume that everything you write will be read by jail staff and can and will be used against you or your inmate in court.
Never write anything about the inmate's court case you wouldn't want read aloud in court.
Mail is considered by the jail to be a privilege. Any violations of the mail policies can result in the inmate's mail privileges being suspended.
The introduction of contraband by you into the jail through the mail could result in criminal charges being filed against both you and the inmate.
Click here to view contact information for the Piedmont Regional Jail - Amelia.