If you are looking for an inmate within the Salt Lake County Jail system, go to the Salt Lake County Inmate Locator.
You have two search options.
- Search by Name
- Search by Unique Identifier (Such as a booking number)
How to Search by Name
- Enter the first and last name in the search boxes.
- Click on “Search”.
- If you are unsure of the name spelling you can enter the beginning letter of the first/last name and all inmates whose names begin with those letters will be listed.
- You can also click on “Search” without entering any information and all inmates currently in incarcerated will be listed for you alphabetically. Scroll down to find your inmate.
How to Search by Unique Identifier
- Use the dropdown menu to select:
- Booking Number
- Permanent Number
- State ID
- Enter the exact number.
- Click “Search”.
With either search option, you can also check the “Include Released Inmates” box and all inmates who match the information you entered, both released as and currently incarcerated, will be listed alphabetically.
Available Inmate Information
Clicking on the inmate’s name will list:
- Inmate’s Full Name
- Eye Color
- Hair Color
- Hair Length
- Marital Status
- State ID
- FBI # (If applicable)
- Citizenship Country
- Housing Information
- Booking Date
- Any Known Aliases
- Detainer Information (If there is a detainer)
- Case #
- Bail Amount
SALT LAKE COUNTY CRIMINAL COURT CASE SEARCH
PACER provides a way for you to look up information about felony criminal court cases in Salt Lake County.
You must register and have a valid email address before you will have search access.
Click here and then click on the “Online Form” link. You can also print and mail the registration form by clicking here.
There are nominal per-page charges for printed copies of court records.
Subscription Service for Justice and District Court Records (Felonies and Misdemeanors)
Salt Lake County provides a fee-based subscription service where you can pay to belong and search District Court and Justice Court cases.
District Court hands felony cases and Class A misdemeanor cases.
Justice Court handles most of the B and C misdemeanors.
The cost to belong to XChange is:
A one-time $25 set-up fee
$30 a month thereafter with a cap of 200 searches per month.
- Many of the court lobbies provide public access computers to access public records.
- Click here to a quick list of how the criminal court process works. (Both felonies and misdemeanors)
You can also call the court clerk and ask for information about the case.
- Click here for the phone numbers and locations of Salt Lake County District and Justice Courts.
With more than 9,000 jails and prisons across the country, trying to locate an inmate can feel like searching for a needle in a haystack. On this page, you will find the Salt Lake County inmate search, inmate lists, inmate roster, arrest reports and/or booking information for the Salt Lake County Metro Jail in the city of Salt Lake City, Salt Lake County in the state of Utah.
With a minimal amount of information about the inmate and some patience, on jailexchange.com you can: