Snoqualmie Indian Tribe Jail

Snoqualmie Indian Tribe Jail Information

The Snoqualmie Indian Tribe, formerly known as the Snoqualmie Tribe in Washington, is a federally recognized Native American tribe. Their ancestral lands encompass the picturesque Snoqualmie Valley region in Washington State. As a sovereign entity, the tribe manages its self-governance and provides essential services to its members. When arrested, they are held by the tribal police until they are either arraigned or transferred to another jail.

Tribe: Snoqualmie Indian Tribe [previously listed as Snoqualmie Tribe, Washington]

Phone: 425-888-6551

Physical Address:
Snoqualmie Indian Tribe Jail
9571 Ethan Wade Way SE
Snoqualmie, WA 98065

Mailing Address (personal mail):
Inmate's First and Last Name
Snoqualmie Indian Tribe Jail
P.O. Box 969
Snoqualmie, WA 98065-0969

Other Jails and Prisons

Search Snoqualmie Indian Tribe Jail Inmates

Search Snoqualmie Indian Tribe Jail Inmates

Directions / Map to the Snoqualmie Indian Tribe Jail
Understanding US Bureau of Indian Affairs

Because the legal system in ‘Indian Country’ operates outside of the legal jurisdiction of the cities, counties and states where the individual Indian Reservations are located, and the land is wholly owned and governed by the Tribes, the jails and detention centers on those lands are maintained and run by the individual Tribes. The police that provide the security and enforce the laws and the courts that mete out justice are also controlled by the individual Tribes.

There are over 90 jails and detention centers throughout Indian Country, of which, the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) Office of Justice Services (OJS) staffs and operates a quarter of these facilities. The remainder are operated by Tribes through the PL 93-638, Self-Governance Compacts and a few are fully funded and operated by a tribe. Each jail is unique in operation and location.

Indian Reservation and Tribal laws also fall under the legal jurisdiction of the federal government. If a federal law has been broken, the Department of Justice may get involved. In that case, a convicted person from a crime committed on Indian Lands may be required to serve their time within the BOP (Federal Bureau of Prisons).

⇓ Learn more ⇓ Show less