How an Inmate Makes a Phone Call to You or Others from Merced County Adult Correctional Facility
To set up a phone account so that your inmate can call you from Merced County do the following:
1. Enroll in an account with Securus Technologies.
2. Choose one of three account types, Securus Debit, Advance Connect or Direct Bill.
3. Choose [facility_name_1}, then connect with your inmate.
4. If you have any questions, call Securus: 972-734-1111 or 800-844-6591.
To find out fees, how to's, calling times, limits on phone calls and other systems Securus has do that you can communicate with your Merced County inmate, check out our Inmate Phone Page.
NOTE: All of your inmate's phone calls are recorded and stored. It is advised not to discuss their pending case.
How Do You Communicate with an Inmate in the Merced County Adult Correctional Facility by Phone
Follow these instructions on how to open an account with GTL Connect Network (aka Viapath Technologies)
- Advance Pay - This phone account allows you to prepay so that your inmate can call you (and only you) whenever he/she wants and the cost of each call is deducted from your balance. You can even be notified by text when your balance gets low. You still have the option of accepting or rejecting each call.
- Pin Debit - This option allows you to fund an inmate's commissary account and lets him pay for phone calls to you and others with the money. You will have no control over who your inmate calls.
- Voicemail - You can leave a secure voicemail without having to contact the facility. When you call the local phone number for a facility offering Inmate Voicemail (call Customer Service at 877-650-4249 to get the local voicemail number for Merced County Adult Correctional Facility, you will be informed of the cost for leaving a message. To leave your message, simply select the inmate by ID number. Then, record your voicemail.
For full instructions on the Merced County Adult Correctional Facility Inmate Phone Syste, what the costs are, how it works, and tips and guidelines on rules, regulations and saving money on calls, check out our Send Money Page.
How to Deposit Money into an Inmate's Account in Merced County Adult Correctional Facility
To deposit money into the account of an inmate in Merced County, follow these instructions:
- Create an account with Touchpay Services, a GTL company.
- Select California.
- Select Merced County Adult Correctional Facility
- Enter the Inmate ID of your inmate. This can be found by calling 209-385-7575 or by looking up the inmate's name in the Inmate Search link above.
- Enter your billing information and send money.
- You can also deposit cash using the kiosk at the Merced County Adult Correctional Facility
For all the information you need regarding making an inmate deposit, what it costs, how much you can send, how long it takes for your inmate to receive funds and more, check out our Send Money Page.
How to Send a Carepack Commissary Package Directly to an Inmate in Merced County
To send a commissary carepack (food, snacks and goods) directly to an inmate in Merced County Adult Correctional Facility follow these steps:
- Register here to create an account with icaregifts for Merced County.
- Choose California, then Merced County Adult Correctional Facility, and then the products you want shipped to them, and input your payment method.
- NOTE: There may be a limit on how much product you can send your inmate in Merced County at any one time.
- There are a total of fourteen (14) pre-determined icaregift packs available to choose from.
- The gift packs for inmates in Merced County range in price from $10.49 for ten pre-stamped envelopes, 2 pens and a pad of writing paper, to $104.99 for a box of 85 snack and food items.
For all information, tips and available items for shipping Commissary packages to an inmate in Merced County Adult Correctional Facility, as well as sending money to the inmate so that they can purchase their own items, check out our Commissary Instructions Page for Merced County.