How Do You Communicate with an Inmate in the Hunterdon County Jail by Phone
Follow these instructions on how to open an account with GTL Connect Network (aka Viapath Technologies)
- Advance Pay - This phone account allows you to prepay so that your inmate can call you (and only you) whenever he/she wants and the cost of each call is deducted from your balance. You can even be notified by text when your balance gets low. You still have the option of accepting or rejecting each call.
- Pin Debit - This option allows you to fund an inmate's commissary account and lets him pay for phone calls to you and others with the money. You will have no control over who your inmate calls.
- Voicemail - You can leave a secure voicemail without having to contact the facility. When you call the local phone number for a facility offering Inmate Voicemail (call Customer Service at 877-650-4249 to get the local voicemail number for Hunterdon County Jail, you will be informed of the cost for leaving a message. To leave your message, simply select the inmate by ID number. Then, record your voicemail.
For full instructions on the Hunterdon County Jail Inmate Phone System, what the costs are, how it works, and tips and guidelines on rules, regulations and saving money on calls, check out our Inmate Phones Page.
How to Send a Carepack Commissary Package Directly to an Inmate in Hunterdon County
To send a commissary carepack (food, snacks and goods) directly to an inmate in Hunterdon County Jail follow these steps:
- Register here to create an account with icaregifts for Hunterdon County.
- Choose New Jersey, then Hunterdon County Jail, and then the products you want shipped to them, and input your payment method.
- NOTE: There may be a limit on how much product you can send your inmate in Hunterdon County at any one time.
- There are a total of fourteen (14) pre-determined icaregift packs available to choose from.
- The gift packs for inmates in Hunterdon County range in price from $10.49 for ten pre-stamped envelopes, 2 pens and a pad of writing paper, to $104.99 for a box of 85 snack and food items.
For all information, tips and available items for shipping Commissary packages to an inmate in Hunterdon County Jail, as well as sending money to the inmate so that they can purchase their own items, check out our Commissary Instructions Page for Hunterdon County.
How to Deposit Money into an Inmate's Account in Hunterdon County Jail
To deposit money into the account of an inmate in Hunterdon County, follow these instructions:
- Create an account with Touchpay Services, a GTL company.
- Select New Jersey.
- Select Hunterdon County Jail
- Enter the Inmate ID of your inmate. This can be found by calling 908-788-1213 or by looking up the inmate's name in the Inmate Search link.
- Enter your billing information and send money.
- You can also deposit cash using the kiosk at the Hunterdon County Jail. To do this you need the Inmate's ID Number and the Facility Locator Number for Hunterdon County.
For all the information you need regarding making an inmate deposit, what it costs, how much you can send, how long it takes for your inmate to receive funds and more, and to get the Facility Locator Number, check out our Send Money Page.