Inmate Phone & Voicemail for Calumet County Jail
Calumet County Jail uses IC Solutions for their inmate phone services.
In order to communicate with your inmate by telephone you must register with IC Solutions and choose a 'type' of account.
There are two different types of phone accounts you can fund:
1. Prepaid Accounts - With a prepaid account the funds belong to you. You control whether the inmate uses the funds by either ‘accepting’ or ‘rejecting’ each call to you by your inmate.
2. Debit Telephone Accounts – With a Debit telephone account, the funds are transferred directly to your inmate. Your inmate can call any phone number unless it is blocked by Calumet County Jail.
How it works:
1. First, you must register with IC Solutions:
2. Choose whether you are funding a Prepaid or a Debit account.
3. Follow the prompts for choosing Calumet County Jail for a Debit account, or choosing an ‘inmate’ for a Prepaid account.
4. Make payment.
Prepaid Account - More Information
- One Prepaid account per inmate/phone number.
- Use Prepaid Accounts if you want to have the ability to leave voicemail messages for your inmate.
- Prepaid Accounts can be funded to allow for Remote Video Visits if they are available at the facility.
- Collect calls are allowed, but only to your landline. You will see the IC Solutions portion of the bill on your land line phone bill.
- Cost – Prepaid Accounts are charged $0.21 per minute. Rates are subject to change.
- All phone calls are recorded.
- Refunds of unused funds will be refunded to you.
Debit Telephone Accounts – More Information
- Your Inmate controls the funds and can call any phone number not restricted by Calumet County Jail.
- Cost – Debit Accounts are charged $0.21 per minute. Rates are subject to change.
- All phone calls are recorded.
- Refunds of unused funds are the property of your inmate.
Voicemail – More Information
- Voice mail messages cannot exceed 30 seconds in length.
- Voicemail messages can be left 24/7
- Your inmate will immediately be notified they have a message.
- Calumet County Jail will provide you with its own Inmate Voicemail Number for this service.
Please allow for a delay in the use of IC Solutions Phone services when using Mail-in purchases.
2200 Danbury Street
San Antonio, TX 78217
When purchasing PREPAID phone services through a mail-in purchase, please be sure to include with your payment, your:
When purchasing DEBIT phone services through a mail-in purchase, (Western Union, cashier's check, or money order only) please be sure to include with your payment, your:
How does an Inmate make a phone call from Calumet County Jail?
Once you have created and funded your account with IC Solutions, your inmate can start making calls immediately.
Can I Communicate By Email With An Inmate?
A growing number of jails now offer email services to inmates and their families. This can save you time by letting you view your email from your smart phone, computer, or tablet, whenever you wish.
You don't have to deal with envelopes, stamps or the post office.
Inmates like it because the emails typically eliminate delayed mail runs so they can get your correspondence quickly and send responses immediately.
Jail staffs like it as it eliminates concerns about contraband entering the facility in envelopes and on paper. It also allows the jail to have an electronic record that can be called upon at any time.
Anything you or your inmate writes in an email service is put through a filtering program that looks for certain words related to criminal and/or gang activities.
There have been multiple cases in which emails between inmates and their friends or loved ones have been used as evidence in criminal court cases to convict them or to file new charges.
Call (920) 849-2335 or click here to see if email services are being offered at this jail and if so, how to sign up you and your inmate.
Important Tips About Calumet County Jail Phone Calls
Many jails and prisons restrict the amount of time that an inmate can use the phone by placing daily and monthly limits, so try to pace yourself and not use up all your time at the beginning of the month.
Jails limit an inmate's phone time to certain hours of the day, so it is important you keep a regular schedule that works for both you and your inmate.
If your inmate does not call you during the time you both have scheduled, don't panic. There are often long lines for phone use. When a jail is on lockdown due to a fight or other security issue they do not allow the phones to be used.
Phones are the only way for an inmate to hear your voice and temporarily 'escape' the loneliness of incarceration, so use your time well. Arguing about anything will leave you both feeling empty and guilty, so avoid it at all costs.
All phone conversations are recorded. Whatever you talk about, can and will be used against your inmate in court. Never discuss their pending criminal case!
Also, be warned that some phone providers are collecting voice prints for a database which law enforcement agencies are building.
Sign up with IC Solutions to connect with your inmate at Calumet County Jail by clicking the banner below.
For all information, tips and procedures for sending money to an inmate in Calumet County Jail, or depositing money at the jail, over the phone or by mail, check out our Send Money Page for Calumet County.
Note: All your calls with an inmate are recorded, stored and shared with law enforcement if the conversation deals with your case or any criminal activity. Anything communicated can be used against you or your inmate in court.