Monroe County Detention Facility uses the services of Inmate Sales to allow text messaging communication between inmates and their friends and family.
Chirping is the product name for inmate texting.
This product allows inmates to send chirps (texts) to friends and family members.
Here's how it works:
Cost of Chirping:
Due to the ability of third party companies providing a secure environment for Monroe County Detention Facility inmates and their contacts outside the facility to communicate digitally, this facility will now (or soon) be providing the ability for digital messaging.
Secure digital messaging allows for a delay between the emails of the inmate and their friends and family, so that the jail can scan the communication for illegal or other communications against their policies.
Note that all messages, both sent and received, will be saved and will be referred to in the inmate's existing or future criminal charges.
Complete instructions on how to sign up for this service for the Monroe County Detention Facility, and how it works can be found below. Call 251-575-2635 if you have any questions.
To set up a phone account so that your inmate can call you from Monroe County do the following:
1. Enroll in an account with Securus Technologies.
2. Choose one of three account types, Securus Debit, Advance Connect or Direct Bill.
3. Choose [facility_name_1}, then connect with your inmate.
4. If you have any questions, call Securus: 972-734-1111 or 800-844-6591.
To find out fees, how to's, calling times, limits on phone calls and other systems Securus has do that you can communicate with your Monroe County inmate, check out our Inmate Phone Page.
NOTE: All of your inmate's phone calls are recorded and stored. It is advised not to discuss their pending case.
For all the information you need to know regarding scheduling, cost, rules, tips and guidelines of inmate visits at the Monroe County Detention Facility, check out our Visit Inmate Page.
To send a secure email message to an inmate in Monroe County Detention Facility follow these steps:
- Chirping is the product name for inmate texting.
- This product allows Monroe County inmates to send chirps (texts) to friends and family members.
- Inmates will be charged a monthly service fee of $4.00.
- Inbound and Outbound Chirps are $0.10 each.
Inmate Sales Apps
Google Play app
To receive phone calls from inmates in Monroe County, or to assist them in making phone calls to other people, follow these steps:
To send a commissary carepack (food, snacks and goods) directly to an inmate in Monroe County Detention Facility follow these steps:
For all information, tips and available items for shipping Commissary packages or sending money to an inmate in Monroe County Detention Facility check out our Commissary Instructions Page for Monroe County.
Other than 'at the jail' visits between you and your inmate at Monroe County Detention Facility, which is explained and outlined in detail on our Visit Inmate Page, Monroe County remote video inmate visitation can be done using the services of Inmate Sales utilizing the following instructions:
In order to have a successful video visit with an inmate in Monroe County, these are the steps to follow:
* All the information you need to have complete knowledge about inmate visitation; policies, rules, fees, schedules, tips, dress codes, and children, lawyers and clergy visitation in Monroe County, can be found on our Visit Inmate Page.
Monroe County Detention Facility Phone: 251-575-2635