Inmates at the Monroe County Detention Facility, now that the COVID pandemic is waning, once again allows inmates to get visits from friends and loved ones. Visits are either on-site (no contact) at the facility, and/or using the video services of the third party company outlined below.
Call 251-575-2635 for inmate communication updates as schedules can change without much advance notice.
Monroe County Detention Facility inmates are allowed one to two visits of 30 minutes each at the facility, and potentially no limit on the number of visits when using the home based video visitation service.
Rules, guidelines and schedules are listed on this page. Failure to adhere to them will result in your inmate and you losing your visitation privileges.
Monroe County Detention Facility uses the services of Inmate Sales, also known as Combined Public Communication (CPC) for visitation communication between inmates and their friends and family members.
In order to have a successful video visit, these are the steps to follow:
Visitation Approval for Monroe County Detention Facility
'At Home' Video Visitation
For at-home video visits: Sign in to the visitation scheduling site 15 minutes prior to your scheduled visit. Test your connection, and follow the steps to start your visit.
For on-site video visits: Arrive at the facility at least 15 minutes prior to check-in. A valid photo ID is required.
All your questions can be answered after you register, at the Frequently Asked Questions page, or call 855-208-7349 during the following hours:
6AM – 4PM MST Monday – Friday, or
7AM – 4PM MST Saturday – Sunday
Costs for Visits are subject to change but generally run less than $10.00 for a 30 minute visit.
Payment can be made with Visa, Mastercard debit, credit or gift cards.
Who can Visit an Inmate in the Monroe County Detention Facility?
NOTE: GTL, the Monroe County Detention Facility visitation service, will need to verify that you say who you claim to be prior to giving you permission to use their services online or at the jail lobby kiosk. This will require uploading your driver's license or other state issued ID.
Monroe County Detention Facility Visitation Dress Code
General Clothing Do's & Don'ts for Remote Visitation
* Wear clothes that are not revealing.
* Don't wear see-through material.
* Have all undergarments covered (males and females) and avoid a lot of cleavage.
* Shorts and skirts should reach mid-thigh.
* Sleeves should be at least half-way to your elbow.
* The following types of clothing are also prohibited:
* Clothing promoting gang affiliation.
* Anything displaying drugs, weapons or profanity.
* Clothing depicting anything obscene.
Monroe County Detention Facility Visitation Tips, Rules and Guidelines
Jail visits are conducted in person behind plexi-glass or on a televised screen from another location.
Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian and guardians must provide proof of their guardianship.
Leave all personal belongings, except for your state ID in your vehicle or in a locker (if one is provided).
Children must be monitored at all times or jail staff will end the visit early.
To set up a phone account so that your inmate can call you from Monroe County do the following:
1. Enroll in an account with Securus Technologies.
2. Choose one of three account types, Securus Debit, Advance Connect or Direct Bill.
3. Choose [facility_name_1}, then connect with your inmate.
4. If you have any questions, call Securus: 972-734-1111 or 800-844-6591.
To find out fees, how to's, calling times, limits on phone calls and other systems Securus has do that you can communicate with your Monroe County inmate, check out our Inmate Phone Page.
NOTE: All of your inmate's phone calls are recorded and stored. It is advised not to discuss their pending case.
For all the information you need to know regarding scheduling, cost, rules, tips and guidelines of inmate visits at the Monroe County Detention Facility, check out our Visit Inmate Page.
To send a secure email message to an inmate in Monroe County Detention Facility follow these steps:
- Chirping is the product name for inmate texting.
- This product allows Monroe County inmates to send chirps (texts) to friends and family members.
- Inmates will be charged a monthly service fee of $4.00.
- Inbound and Outbound Chirps are $0.10 each.
Inmate Sales Apps
Google Play app
To receive phone calls from inmates in Monroe County, or to assist them in making phone calls to other people, follow these steps:
To send a commissary carepack (food, snacks and goods) directly to an inmate in Monroe County Detention Facility follow these steps:
For all information, tips and available items for shipping Commissary packages or sending money to an inmate in Monroe County Detention Facility check out our Commissary Instructions Page for Monroe County.
Other than 'at the jail' visits between you and your inmate at Monroe County Detention Facility, which is explained and outlined in detail on our Visit Inmate Page, Monroe County remote video inmate visitation can be done using the services of Inmate Sales utilizing the following instructions:
In order to have a successful video visit with an inmate in Monroe County, these are the steps to follow:
* All the information you need to have complete knowledge about inmate visitation; policies, rules, fees, schedules, tips, dress codes, and children, lawyers and clergy visitation in Monroe County, can be found on our Visit Inmate Page.
Monroe County Detention Facility Phone: 251-575-2635