Herkimer County Correctional Facility Inmate Phone Use
The information below provides complete instructions regarding Herkimer County Correctional Facility:
Follow these instructions exactly to help ensure that your inmate has access to the jail phones and your communication costs are reduced as much as possible.
How Does An Inmate Make A Phone Call From Herkimer County Correctional Facility?
Almost every jail, including Herkimer County Correctional Facility, will allow inmates to contact pre-approved friends and family members' phones by calling collect.
This is typically the most expensive way to contact people by phone and in many cases, it requires credit approval or a deposit to be made into a third-party phone company account through a contract with the jail.
Many jails are now contracting with a third party service (for a fee) that is less expensive and allows your inmate to use their phone system to make direct calls to your land line or cell phone.
To find out about Herkimer County Correctional Facility phone services, call (315) 867-1252.
Some jails also allow sell phone cards directly to an inmate in the jail commissary store.
Emailing and Photo Sharing with your Inmate
Emailing Messages & Photos
If you are not already registered, do so here, or Log in.
Then use the Facility Finder to:
1. Select this facility,
3. Add a credit or debit card to cover your costs.
How Messaging Works
1. Messages can be up to 500 characters long, including punctuation. At the bottom of your message there is a 'character countdown' feature.
2. After you click the “CONTINUE” button, you can review the cost to send your message to your inmate. You can also attach credits for your inmate to reply to your message. Be sure to accept the Terms and Conditions and click the “SEND” button for your message to be successfully delivered to your inmate.
How Uploading Photos Works
1. Select the Photos Tab.
2. Select “Take New Photo” or “Upload New Photo”.
3. Take a new photo with your webcam, or select "Choose File" to upload a photo from your computer.
4. Give your photo a Title or add it to the "Gallery" of your choice.
5. Select the "Share" button.
6. Select your inmate(s) and then select "Share".
7. Once the photo is approved, it will be shared with your inmate(s).
Customer Service Questions
Important Tips About Jail Phone Calls
If you were unable to find the information you were looking for on this page, call Herkimer County Correctional Facility at (315) 867-1252 and ask their policies on getting phone calls from your inmate.
Many jails and prisons are increasingly restricting the amount of time that an inmate can use the phone by placing daily and monthly limits, so try to pace yourself and not use up all your time at the beginning of the month.
Jails limit an inmate's phone time to certain hours of the day, so it is important you keep a regular schedule that works for both you and your inmate.
If your inmate does not call you during the time you both have scheduled, don't panic. There are often long lines for phone use. When a jail is on lockdown due to a fight or other security issue they do not allow the phones to be used.
Phones are the only way for an inmate to hear your voice and temporarily 'escape' the loneliness of incarceration, so use your time well. Arguing about anything will leave you both feeling empty and guilty, so avoid it at all costs.
All phone conversations are recorded. Whatever you talk about, can and will be used against your inmate in court. Never discuss their pending criminal case!