462 1st Avenue
New York, NY 10016
Due to the ability of third party companies providing a secure environment for Bellevue Hospital Prison Ward inmates and their contacts outside the facility to communicate digitally, this facility will now (or soon) be providing the ability for digital messaging.
Secure digital messaging allows for a delay between the emails of the inmate and their friends and family, so that the jail can scan the communication for illegal or other communications against their policies.
Note that all messages, both sent and received, will be saved and will be referred to in the inmate's existing or future criminal charges.
Complete instructions on how to sign up for this service for the Bellevue Hospital Prison Ward, and how it works can be found below. Call 212-562-4331 if you have any questions.
Instructions for ordering commissary for Bellevue Hospital Prison Ward will soon be announced.
The New York City Department of Correction is rolling out a new commissary system in the Spring of 2022. Inmates will be able to order commissary directly and have it delivered from an outside vendor. Stay tuned for updates.
This jailhouse 'Uber Eats' system will be replacing the current commissary system.
Stay tuned by checking out our Commissary Page for Bellevue Hospital Prison Ward
To find out if NYC DOC inmates have access to Tablets, check out our Tablet Rental Page.
To find out how Bellevue Hospital Prison Ward makes phone calls, read this information:
For all the information on how to buy time, using tablets to make calls, how much it costs and more, check out out Inmate Phone Page.
To deposit money in the commissary account of an NYC DOC inmate, follow these instructions:
For all the information, including links to all of the online deposit methods and addresses fo mailing money orders, check out our Send Money Page.
For all the information about Bellevue Hospital Prison Ward, how to reach an inmate there, how to find out if the inmate is there, or where he went when he was released, check out our Family Info Page.
To understand the Mail Policies for Bellevue Hospital Prison Ward requires a lot of time and attention as NYC DOC Jails are some of the most permissive in America.
1. Bellevue Hospital Prison Ward allows unlimited mail.
2. They allow packages to be sent in to inmates.
3. They allow magazines, newspapers and books to be sent direct from friends and family.
4. They allow clothing, jewelry, art supplies and all kinds of stuff to be sent to inmates.
In short, to fully understand the Bellevue Hospital Prison Ward and see the full list of things you can mail to an inmate, check out our Inmate Mail Page.
To Bail out an inmate in Bellevue Hospital Prison Ward or a New York City Jail follow these instructions:
1. You can post bail either online or in person.
2. To post bail online or in person you need the exact name your inmate used when arrested, and their book and case number. You can find this information here.
3. You can use one of multiple payment systems online.... Western Union, Moneygram or Jpay.
4. In person bail payments must be made in Brooklyn, Queens or the Bronx.
5. Personal checks or Money Orders exceeding $1,000 will NOT be accepted for bail.
For the complete information on how to bail out someone from Bellevue Hospital Prison Ward or any Rikers island or NYC Jail, check out our Inmate Bail Page.