They may not be directly connected to the internet, but inmates at Mercer County Jail either currently, or may soon be able to be able to rent tablets within the jail that allow them to have access to the following services and information:
The availability of tablets may seem like something that inmates who are serving time do not deserve, but here are some of the benefits for inmates in Mercer County:
To set up a phone account so that your inmate can call you from Mercer County do the following:
1. Enroll in an account with Securus Technologies.
2. Choose one of three account types, Securus Debit, Advance Connect or Direct Bill.
3. Choose [facility_name_1}, then connect with your inmate.
4. If you have any questions, call Securus: 972-734-1111 or 800-844-6591.
To find out fees, how to's, calling times, limits on phone calls and other systems Securus has do that you can communicate with your Mercer County inmate, check out our Inmate Phone Page.
NOTE: All of your inmate's phone calls are recorded and stored. It is advised not to discuss their pending case.
To send a secure email message to an inmate in Mercer County Jail follow these steps:
- Chirping is the product name for inmate texting.
- This product allows Mercer County inmates to send chirps (texts) to friends and family members.
- Inmates will be charged a monthly service fee of $4.00.
- Inbound and Outbound Chirps are $0.10 each.
Inmate Sales Apps
Google Play app
To send a commissary carepack (food, snacks and goods) directly to an inmate in Mercer County Jail follow these steps:
To deposit money online for an inmate in Mercer County Jail follow these steps:
For all information, tips and procedures for sending money to an inmate in Mercer County Jail, or depositing money at the jail, over the phone or by mail, check out our Send Money Page for Mercer County.