1860 East Pike
Zanesville, OH 43701
Staff at the Muskingum County Juvenile Detention Center is making it easier to connect with inmates by using a third-party service for phone communication. Using this service, explained below, allows you to purchase phone time for your inmate to either call you or to call other people in their network. If you have any questions call the facility at 740-455-7133.
Muskingum County Juvenile Detention Center inmates are allowed to use the phones for personal use at any time, except during scheduled meals and during evening lockdown which begins after 10:00 PM.
Rules, guidelines and schedules on phone use are listed on this page. Failure to adhere to them will result in your inmate and you losing your phone privileges.
In order to communicate with your inmate by telephone you must register with IC Solutions and choose a 'type' of account.
There are two different types of phone accounts you can fund:
1. Prepaid Accounts - With a prepaid account the funds belong to you. You control whether the inmate uses the funds by either ‘accepting’ or ‘rejecting’ each call to you by your inmate.
2. Debit Telephone Accounts – With a Debit telephone account, the funds are transferred directly to your inmate. Your inmate can call any phone number unless it is blocked by Muskingum County Juvenile Detention Center.
How it works:
1. First, you must register with IC Solutions:
2. Choose whether you are funding a Prepaid or a Debit account.
3. Follow the prompts for choosing Muskingum County Juvenile Detention Center for a Debit account, or choosing an ‘inmate’ for a Prepaid account.
4. Make payment.
Prepaid Account - More Information
- One Prepaid account per inmate/phone number.
- Use Prepaid Accounts if you want to have the ability to leave voicemail messages for your inmate.
- Prepaid Accounts can be funded to allow for Remote Video Visits if they are available at the facility.
- Collect calls are allowed, but only to your landline. You will see the IC Solutions portion of the bill on your land line phone bill.
- Cost – Prepaid Accounts are charged $0.21 per minute. Rates are subject to change.
- All phone calls are recorded.
- Refunds of unused funds will be refunded to you.
Debit Telephone Accounts – More Information
- Your Inmate controls the funds and can call any phone number not restricted by Muskingum County Juvenile Detention Center.
- Cost – Debit Accounts are charged $0.21 per minute. Rates are subject to change.
- All phone calls are recorded.
- Refunds of unused funds are the property of your inmate.
Voicemail – More Information
- Voice mail messages cannot exceed 30 seconds in length.
- Voicemail messages can be left 24/7
- Your inmate will immediately be notified they have a message.
- Muskingum County Juvenile Detention Center will provide you with its own Inmate Voicemail Number for this service.
Please allow for a delay in the use of IC Solutions Phone services when using Mail-in purchases.
2200 Danbury Street
San Antonio, TX 78217
When purchasing PREPAID phone services through a mail-in purchase, please be sure to include with your payment, your:
When purchasing DEBIT phone services through a mail-in purchase, (Western Union, cashier's check, or money order only) please be sure to include with your payment, your:
How does an Inmate make a phone call from Muskingum County Juvenile Detention Center?
Once you have created and funded your account with IC Solutions, your inmate can start making calls immediately.
Can I Communicate By Email With An Inmate?
Important Tips About Muskingum County Juvenile Detention Center Phone Calls
Many jails and prisons restrict the amount of time that an inmate can use the phone by placing daily and monthly limits, so try to pace yourself and not use up all your time at the beginning of the month.
Jails limit an inmate's phone time to certain hours of the day, so it is important you keep a regular schedule that works for both you and your inmate.
If your inmate does not call you during the time you both have scheduled, don't panic. There are often long lines for phone use. When a jail is on lockdown due to a fight or other security issue they do not allow the phones to be used.
Phones are the only way for an inmate to hear your voice and temporarily 'escape' the loneliness of incarceration, so use your time well. Arguing about anything will leave you both feeling empty and guilty, so avoid it at all costs.
All phone conversations are recorded. Whatever you talk about, can and will be used against your inmate in court. Never discuss their pending criminal case!
Also, be warned that some phone providers are collecting voice prints for a database which law enforcement agencies are building.
Sign up with IC Solutions to connect with your inmate at Muskingum County Juvenile Detention Center by clicking the banner below.
Follow these instructions on how to open an account with GTL Connect Network (aka Viapath Technologies)
For full instructions on the Muskingum County Juvenile Detention Center Inmate Phone System, what the costs are, how it works, and tips and guidelines on rules, regulations and saving money on calls, check out our Inmate Phones Page.
To receive phone calls from inmates in Muskingum County, or to assist them in making phone calls to other people, follow these steps:
Note: All your calls with an inmate are recorded, stored and shared with law enforcement if the conversation deals with your case or any criminal activity. Anything communicated can be used against you or your inmate in court.
To visit an inmate in Muskingum County follow these steps:
For full instructions on all the benefits of using IC Solutions to visit a Muskingum County inmate, visiting an inmate at the jail itself, rates, policies, rules, dress codes, bringing children, attorney and clergy visits and more, go to our official Visit Inmate Page.