Below are 'street photos' (provided to us by users of this website) of the Rikers Island - Rose M. Singer Center from different perspectives.
Photos shown are the property of jailexchange.com and are not to be used without the express written permission of the owners of jailexchange.com.
To rent a tablet for an inmate in New York County follow these instructions:
For all New York County information on Tablet Rentals for your inmate, check out our Tablet Rental Page.
To lean about inmate visitation in the NYC Correction Department, read the following:
TELEVISITING (Remote Visitation)
Televisiting will take place from 8:00am to 2:00pm on Saturday, and 8:00am to 2:00pm on Sunday. Televisiting follows the Department's existing in-person visit schedule, which organizes visit days based on the first letter of the person in custody's last name. Please refer to the Visit Schedule in order to determine which day of the week you may visit your loved one.
VISIT SCHEDULE (changes monthly)
In-person visits will take place Wednesday and Thursday afternoons from 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.- and Friday mornings from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Visitors need to arrive 1 hour prior to their scheduled visit time. Visits will follow the existing visitor schedule according to the last name of the individual in custody.
To learn more about the Rikers Island - Rose M. Singer Center inmate visitation procedures, polices and schedules, which change monthly, check out our Inmate Visitation Page.
To find out how Rikers Island - Rose M. Singer Center makes phone calls, read this information:
For all the information on how to buy time, using tablets to make calls, how much it costs and more, check out out Inmate Phone Page.
To deposit money in the commissary account of an NYC DOC inmate, follow these instructions:
For all the information, including links to all of the online deposit methods and addresses fo mailing money orders, check out our Send Money Page.
For all the information about Rikers Island - Rose M. Singer Center, how to reach an inmate there, how to find out if the inmate is there, or where he went when he was released, check out our Family Info Page.
To understand the Mail Policies for Rikers Island - Rose M. Singer Center requires a lot of time and attention as NYC DOC Jails are some of the most permissive in America.
1. Rikers Island - Rose M. Singer Center allows unlimited mail.
2. They allow packages to be sent in to inmates.
3. They allow magazines, newspapers and books to be sent direct from friends and family.
4. They allow clothing, jewelry, art supplies and all kinds of stuff to be sent to inmates.
In short, to fully understand the Rikers Island - Rose M. Singer Center and see the full list of things you can mail to an inmate, check out our Inmate Mail Page.
To look up an inmate in Rikers Island - Rose M. Singer Center or any of the New York City Department of Correction follow these instructions:
1. Proceed to the NYC DOC Inmate Locator Page.
2. Type in the inmate's first name, last name or case and book number.
3. If you just type in the first name or last name, you will see a list of every inmate that uses that name.
4. Select your inmate from that list.
For full instructions on how to interpret the information on the Inmate Search Locator including criminal charges, bail, court dates and more, check out our Mugshots Page.
Instructions for ordering commissary for Rikers Island - Rose M. Singer Center will soon be announced.
The New York City Department of Correction is rolling out a new commissary system in the Spring of 2022. Inmates will be able to order commissary directly and have it delivered from an outside vendor. Stay tuned for updates.
This jailhouse 'Uber Eats' system will be replacing the current commissary system.
Stay tuned by checking out our Commissary Page for Rikers Island - Rose M. Singer Center
To Bail out an inmate in Rikers Island - Rose M. Singer Center or a New York City Jail follow these instructions:
1. You can post bail either online or in person.
2. To post bail online or in person you need the exact name your inmate used when arrested, and their book and case number. You can find this information here.
3. You can use one of multiple payment systems online.... Western Union, Moneygram or Jpay.
4. In person bail payments must be made in Brooklyn, Queens or the Bronx.
5. Personal checks or Money Orders exceeding $1,000 will NOT be accepted for bail.
For the complete information on how to bail out someone from Rikers Island - Rose M. Singer Center or any Rikers island or NYC Jail, check out our Inmate Bail Page.