Inmate Phone & Voicemail for Sussex Boot Camp - SX
The Sussex Boot Camp - SX uses a private phone service contactor called 'GettingOut'.
They have an extensive website which explains all communication services.
Phone & Voicemail Fees
1. GettingOut charges $0.25 per minute for all phone calls, prepaid or collect, within Delaware.
2. Prepaid calls between Delaware and other states costs $0.21 per minute. International calls are $0.95 per minute.
3. There is a fee of $3.00 every time you add money to your account online, and it costs $5.95 if you add funds over the phone with a live agent.
4. You can also leave an inmate a short voice message for a flat fee of $1.25.
Note: Rates are subject to change.
Types of Phone Calls
Collect calls with 'GettingOut' allow you to instantly accept and pay for calls to your land line (only) phone account. This means that if you accept your call from your inmate, all the charges for that call will then be billed to your land line phone account and will show up and be listed on your next local phone bill. Additional fees, costs, restrictions may apply.
Prepaid calls (Direct Calls)
With Prepaid Calls you can set up your account so that the inmate can only call you and/or you can just deposit money in their account and they can purchase prepaid phone cards through their commissary and call whoever they choose, provided the Sussex Boot Camp - SX approves of the phone number.
Quick connect is an alternative to collect calls. It allows you to quickly pay for a phone call with your credit card. When your inmate calls you, follow the instructions from the automated voice system to pay for that one phone call, directly billed to your card.
If you have any questions, you can call them at 1-866-516-0115.
How does Sussex Boot Camp - SX's Phone System Work?
** REMINDER: You cannot call your inmate. They have to phone you.
Using GettingOut you have the option of either:
- pre-paying directly into your inmate's account, or
- pre-paying, where you control all phone costs.
Prepaid Option #1
If you deposit money online in the INMATE ACCOUNT, than they have the freedom to spend the money on phone calls to anyone, or any other communications services available at Sussex Boot Camp - SX.
Prepaid Option #2
With the FRIENDS & FAMILY ACCOUNT, you control all communication services such as phone calls, video visits and messaging. Your inmate can only call the phone number you want.
Collect calls allow you to accept and pay for calls to your land line phone account. This means that if you “accept” the collect call from your inmate, all the charges for that call will then be billed to your land line phone account and will show up and be listed on your next local phone bill. Expect additional fees from your carrier.
With Quick Connect, you leave a debit or credit card on file. Calls to you from your inmate will be billed immediately to your card. When the call comes, follow the instructions from the automated system to pay for that one phone call on the spot.
USE THE PHONE APP
Emailing and Photo Sharing with your Inmate
Emailing Messages & Photos
If you are not already registered, do so here, or Log in.
Then use the Facility Finder to:
1. Select this facility,
3. Add a credit or debit card to cover your costs.
How Messaging Works
1. Messages can be up to 500 characters long, including punctuation. At the bottom of your message there is a 'character countdown' feature.
2. After you click the “CONTINUE” button, you can review the cost to send your message to your inmate. You can also attach credits for your inmate to reply to your message. Be sure to accept the Terms and Conditions and click the “SEND” button for your message to be successfully delivered to your inmate.
How Uploading Photos Works
1. Select the Photos Tab.
2. Select “Take New Photo” or “Upload New Photo”.
3. Take a new photo with your webcam, or select "Choose File" to upload a photo from your computer.
4. Give your photo a Title or add it to the "Gallery" of your choice.
5. Select the "Share" button.
6. Select your inmate(s) and then select "Share".
7. Once the photo is approved, it will be shared with your inmate(s).
Customer Service Questions
Important Tips About Jail Phone Calls
Many jails and prisons are increasingly restricting the amount of time that an inmate can use the phone by placing daily and monthly limits, so try to pace yourself and not use up all your time at the beginning of the month.
Jails limit an inmate's phone time to certain hours of the day, so it is important you keep a regular schedule that works for both you and your inmate.
If your inmate does not call you during the time you both have scheduled, don't panic. There are often long lines for phone use. When a jail is on lockdown due to a fight or other security issue they do not allow the phones to be used.
Phones are the only way for an inmate to hear your voice and temporarily 'escape' the loneliness of incarceration, so use your time well. Arguing about anything will leave you both feeling empty and guilty, so avoid it at all costs.
All phone conversations are recorded. Whatever you talk about, can and will be used against your inmate in court. Never discuss their pending criminal case!
Also, be warned that some phone providers are collecting voice prints for a database which law enforcement agencies are building.
If you have any questions about Sussex Boot Camp - SX's phone system, contact GettingOut either online or by calling 866-516-0115