How to Deposit Money in an Inmate's Trust Account in Order to Purchase Prepaid Calling Cards or Phone Calling Time
To Deposit Money in an inmate's account follow these steps:
- Create a ConnectNetwork account
- Select your inmate, and add to them to your account,
- Deposit money into his or her commissary account.
**NOTE** GTL is in a transition merging into a new company called ViaPath Technologies.
- Deposit options available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via phone 877-650-4249, and online.
- Mobile-friendly deposit options are available via their app.
- Deposits and payments made through automated channels (ConnectNetwork Website, Mobile App, Toll Free Phone, or Kiosk at the jail) are transmitted to the facility within one business day.
- Deposits that are mailed are processed the next business day after they are received by GTL.
- Inmate can choose how to spend the funds you deposit.
All the information you need to understand depositing money into an inmate's trust fund, specifically for phone calls in DuPage County, can be found on our Send Money Page.
How to Email an Inmate at the DuPage County Jail
Follow these instructions on how to arrange secure messaging (aka email and texting) of an inmate at the DuPage County Jail
- Sign in to GTL, or Register if you haven't already.
- Select DuPage County Jail.
- Select your Inmate.
- Using a credit or debit card, purchase credits to send messages, and, depending on the facility, purchase additional credits to receive responses from your inmate.
Compose a message, attach credits for a reply…and send!
You can also send photos and videos to your inmate, along with your message.
For all the information you need to know regarding using GTL to send messages, photos and videos, how much it costs, tips and guidelines and more, check out our Text/Email an Inmate Page.
How Do You Communicate with an Inmate in the DuPage County Jail by Phone
Follow these instructions on how to open an account with GTL Connect Network (aka Viapath Technologies)
- Advance Pay - This phone account allows you to prepay so that your inmate can call you (and only you) whenever he/she wants and the cost of each call is deducted from your balance. You can even be notified by text when your balance gets low. You still have the option of accepting or rejecting each call.
- Pin Debit - This option allows you to fund an inmate's commissary account and lets him pay for phone calls to you and others with the money. You will have no control over who your inmate calls.
- Voicemail - You can leave a secure voicemail without having to contact the facility. When you call the local phone number for a facility offering Inmate Voicemail (call Customer Service at 877-650-4249 to get the local voicemail number for DuPage County Jail, you will be informed of the cost for leaving a message. To leave your message, simply select the inmate by ID number. Then, record your voicemail.
For full instructions on the DuPage County Jail Inmate Phone Syste, what the costs are, how it works, and tips and guidelines on rules, regulations and saving money on calls, check out our Send Money Page.
How to Bail out an Inmate in DuPage County
To Bail out or Post Bond for an Inmate in DuPage County Jail follow these steps:
For complete Instructions on How to Bail or Bond an Inmate in DuPage County Jail, check out our Inmate Bail page.
Depositing Money for Communicating with an Inmate
How to Make a Deposit for Phone, Email or Visitation using GettingOut.com
DuPage County Jail uses GettingOut for some or all of its communication services with an inmate.
If you want to deposit money using this company for your use or your inmate's account, there are four ways to do it:
- Online - They accept all major credit cards including Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
- At the DuPage County Jail using the kiosk in the jail lobby - (cash, debit or credit card) NOTE - DuPage County Jail may require identity verification so bring your driver’s license or some other form of ID.
- By phone by calling 866-516-0115 - They have bi-lingual operators are standing by 24 hours 7 days a week to assist you with your deposit. Major credit cards accepted are Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
- By using their app, either Android or iphone. - All credit cards mentioned above are accepted.
For all the information you need to know, including tips, guidelines and warnings about depositing money in a DuPage County Jail inmate's account for communication services, check out our Send Money page.
How Inmates Can Use a Tablet to Access Services at DuPage County Jail
To find out how to get access to a tablet for inmate read the following:
1. First, Register or Sign In to GettingOut/GTL
2. Purchase the services you want for your DuPage County Jail inmate.
3. All inmates have free access to the tablets to read their letters from family & friends, but there are many other services available to keep your inmate busy while incarcerated... such as Games, Books, Music and Movies. These other services come with fees that you can pay for when you pay for phone service.
To learn more about Tablet Rentals for inmates, including the cost, all the services available and everything else you need to know, check out our Tablet Rental Page.
How to Communicate with an DuPage County Jail Inmate by Mail and by Email
To mail or email an inmate in DuPage County follow these steps:
When mailing a letter or postcard to an inmate, please address your mail as follows:
Inmate's First and Last Name
Inmate's Full Name & Inmate #
Dupage County Jail
PO Box 957
Wheaton, IL 60187
- All mail sent to an inmate at the DuPage County Jail must include the sender's name and mailing address in the top left corner of the envelope or postcard.
- Failure to include your return address will most likely result in your mail NOT being delivered and your letter destroyed.
- The DuPage County Jail has a zero-tolerance policy regarding mail violations.
- All the information you need to understand mail and email policies can be found on our Inmate Mail Page and our Text/Email an Inmate Page.
Emailing Messages & Photos
Facility_name_1} contracts with GTL GettingOut, the same service that handles iInmate Phone Systems and Video Visitation, for sending secure messages and photos between you and your inmate.
If you are not already registered, do so here, or Log in.
Then use the Facility Finder to:
1. Select DuPage County Jail,
2. Add your inmate to your list of contacts,
3. Add a credit or debit card to cover your costs.
- Messages can be up to 500 characters long, including punctuation. At the bottom of your message there is a 'character countdown' feature.
- After you click the “CONTINUE” button, you can review the cost to send your message to your inmate. You can also attach credits for your inmate to reply to your message. Be sure to accept the Terms and Conditions and click the “SEND” button for your message to be successfully delivered to your inmate.
- You can also send your DuPage County inmate photos and videos.
Customer Service Questions
'Online' Contact Form, or
Go here to this FAQ to get answers to how the transition to ViaPath from GTL and gettingout will affect your account.
All the information you need to understand mail and email policies for DuPage County can be found on our Inmate Mail Page and our Text/Email an Inmate Page.
How Do You Visit an Inmate in DuPage County Jail?
To visit an inmate in DuPage County, whether by video or in person 'at the jail', follow these steps:
Other than 'at the jail' visits between you and your inmate, which is explained and outlined in detail on our Visit Inmate Page, DuPage County remote video inmate visitation can be done using the services of GettingOut.
There are three ways to remotely visit your inmate in DuPage County Jail:
1. Using the GettingOut Kiosk at the jail.
2. Using your computer from home.
3. Using your phone on the GettingOut apps.
To remotely visit an inmate in DuPage County follow these steps:
1. Start by confirming that DuPage County Jail's Video Visitation is working correctly by looking up DuPage County here.
2. The next step is to create an account here for GettingOut.
3. Then add funds to your account.
4. Last, select DuPage County Jail, and then the inmate you wish to communicate with.
Other DuPage County Services provided by GettingOut:
- Phone Calls & Voicemail
- Email, Photo & Video Sharing
- Inmate Tablet Rental
If you have any questions about the DuPage County Jail Visitation Services you can call them at 866-516-0115.
Frequently Asked Questions
* All the information you need to have complete knowledge about inmate visitation; policies, rules, fees, schedules, tips, dress codes, and children, lawyers and clergy visitation in DuPage County, can be found on our Visit Inmate Page.
DuPage County Jail Phone: 630-407-2255
How to Send a Carepack Commissary Package Directly to an Inmate in DuPage County
To send a commissary carepack (food, snacks and goods) directly to an inmate in DuPage County Jail follow these steps:
- Go to JailATM, choose Illinois, then choose DuPage County Jail
- Type in your inmate's last name or their Inmate ID.
- Select your inmate, and then you will be prompted to Register with them to open an account.
- Select the products you want shipped to them at DuPage County Jail, and then input your payment method.
- NOTE: There may be a limit on how much product you can send your inmate in DuPage County at any one time.
- If you need to phone customer support, call 877-810-0914
For all information, tips and available items for shipping Commissary packages or sending money to an inmate in DuPage County Jail check out our Commissary Instructions Page for DuPage County.
How to Deposit Money Online for an Inmate in DuPage County
To deposit money online for an inmate in DuPage County Jail follow these steps:
- Register to open an account, or Sign In to JailATM, a service that acts as a bank for inmates in DuPage County.
- After registering and signing in, select 'Send Money Now'.
- Choose Illinois, then choose DuPage County Jail
- Type in your inmate's last name or their Inmate ID.
- Select your inmate.
- Input an amount to deposit to your inmate in DuPage County Jail, and then input your payment method.
- NOTE: There may be a limit on how much money you can send your inmate in DuPage County at any one time.
- If you need to phone customer support, call 877-810-0914.
For all information, tips and procedures for sending money to an inmate in DuPage County Jail, or depositing money at the jail, over the phone or by mail, check out our Send Money Page for DuPage County.