What are Inmate visitation rules?
Each jail and prison has its own specific rules during visitation. Here are a few general guidelines to follow:
- You cannot be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- You cannot bring any contraband in the facility (drugs, cigarettes, weapons, food, etc.) or you will be arrested.
- You cannot dress in a suggestive or inappropriate manner.
- You cannot misbehave or threaten the safety of others.
- Children are allowed, but must stay with you, be watched and controlled at all times.
- You must end your visit within the allotted time.
- You must be willing to submit a pat-down at any time.
- If you have any outstanding warrants, don’t bother visiting an inmate. You will be arrested.
- Purses, bags or phones are never allowed in the visiting area.
- You must never wear clothing, jewelry or anything that is affiliated with a gang.
- You must be over the age of 18 unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- You must have proof of your age and relation to any children.
To find out how to visit someone you know, begin your search for an inmate or arrestee here:
To find your jail or prison visitation policies, begin by finding the facility or prison systemhere: